Chương trình hỗ trợ phát triển của Liên Hợp Quốc (UNDP) cần tuyển chuyên gia tư vấn đa dạng sinh học. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 25/11/2010.
The UNDP Viet Nam seeks 01 International Biodiversity Specialist to prepare a proposal for GEF Full Size Projects.
In 2009, the first “Law on Biodiversity” was adopted by the Government of Vietnam. The law highlights the importance of biodiversity conservation and its effective management. The need of having long-term and sustainable solution for biodiversity conservation in Vietnam has been recognized. Establishment and management of wetland protected areas are amongst prioritized areas that need to be protected.
To help the Government of Vietnam strengthening its capacity to sustainably manage and conserve wetland ecosystem, UNDP Vietnam Country Office is looking an international consultant to design and develop project proposals on the above mentioned issues for eventual submission to GEF Trust Fund.
The consultant will work very closely with various agencies of MONRE and relevant stakeholders to draft the project proposals.
Task 1: Collect necessary information and data
– Review available documents and related projects already undertaken in Vietnam;
– Brainstorm with stakeholders to reach the most suitable project objectives and to identify necessary data to support for development of the project proposals as required by GEF.
– Assess global environmental benefits sought from the project
– Analyze and explore barriers to the effective promotion of wetland protected area conservation and management.
– Explore opportunities, different available options and long-term solutions to help achieving objectives of sustainable wetland protected areas conservation and management.
– Explore co-financing opportunities from stakeholders so as to ensure broad support for the project and GEF eligibility
Task 2: Prepare project proposals
– Draft the project proposals based on findings
– Circulate the proposals to main stakeholders for review and comments
– Finalize the proposals to consolidate all comments received.
Full solicitation documents can be obtained by visiting UNDP website at: http://www.undp.org.vn/detail/get-involved/undp-opportunities/undp-opportunities-details/?contentId=3710&languageId=1
Interested candidates are invited to send the most updated CV and financial offer to:
Ms. Le Tuyet Sinh at email@example.com
Procurement Unit, UNDP Viet Nam
Deadline for submission: 25 November 2010 (Hanoi time).