Trung tâm Giáo dục Thiên nhiên (ENV) là tổ chức phi chính phủ đầu tiên tại Việt Nam hoạt động trong lĩnh vực giáo dục nâng cao nhận thức bảo tồn thiên nhiên và động vật hoang dã với mục tiêu nâng cao nhận thức của cộng đồng về bảo vệ thiên nhiên và môi trường Việt Nam. Hiện ENV đang tuyển 2 cán bộ điều tra tội phạm buôn bán động vật hoang dã. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 10/08/2009. Xin xem thêm thông tin chi tiết dưới đây.
Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on conservation of nature and the environment. Our mission is to foster greater understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about environmental issues of local, national and global significance, ranging from protection of wildlife and natural ecosystems to climate change. We employ creative and innovative strategies to influence attitudes and behavior, not only highlighting the need to protect Vietnam’s rich natural heritage and the living world around us, but also encouraging greater public participation in achieving this important and challenging task.
For more details about what we do, visit our website:
English language: www.envietnam.org
Saving Vietnam’s Wildlife: http://www.savingvietnamswildlife.org/
Vietnamese language: www.thiennhien.org
ENV is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Major Crime Investigations Officer
Description of position
The ENV investigations officer is responsible for designing and executing major ENV investigations and campaigns aimed at reducing and eliminating wildlife crime. The officer works in partnership with the ENV Wildlife Crime Unit (WCU) and other ENV departments, as well as with relevant law enforcement agencies on specific focus areas identified by the management team.
Investigation: Pursuit of the facts in relation to a specific crime or series of crimes through interviews, collection of evidence, surveillance, and research. In ENV, the results of investigations generally are used to facilitate the work of law enforcement agencies, but may also support other efforts within ENV.
Campaign: A strategic response to an persistent and ongoing major crime or series of major crimes for which the efforts of enforcement agencies may not be sufficient to achieve a successful outcome. Campaigns utilize a range of ENV tools utilizing the work of all relevant departments to consolidate efforts and increase the likelihood of having substantial impact.
1. Coordinate major investigations and campaigns:
• Coordinate major ENV field investigations and campaigns
• Serve as principal liaison in coordinating between law enforcement agencies in Vietnam and abroad in facilitating the trans-border investigation of international wildlife crime cases
• Produce quality detailed reports resulting from investigations and campaigns
2. Organize and coordinate enforcement training operations:
• Help design and coordinate ENV law enforcement training programs
3. Law enforcement liaison:
• Serve as principal liaison between ENV and law enforcement agencies on operational matters and
• Provide the management team with regular updates on all important aspects of investigations and campaigns that are underway.
• Work and communicate closely with other relevant departments within ENV, especially the Wildlife Crime Unit and public awareness program.
Other duties: Complete other duties and assignments as specified by ENV manager
• College degree required
• Investigation and law enforcement training preferred
• Strong Vietnamese writing skills
• Fluent verbal and written English
• Excellent communications skills
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Internet
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, and pay close attention to details
Salary based on experience
Submit application and CV should be sent before 10 August, 2009 to:
Ms. Phan Thi Ha
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV)
No. 5 Lane 192, Thai Thinh st, Hanoi
Phone: (04) 35148850