Quỹ Quốc tế Bảo vệ Thiên nhiên (WWF) đang tuyển Quản lý dự án. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 28/02/2011.
WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost 5 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF is conducting a project “Establishing a Sustainable Production System for Rattan Products in Lao PDR, Cambodia and Vietnam”. The goal of the project is to strengthen the rattan industry in Lao PDR, Cambodia and Vietnam producing high quality products for international markets and participating to the socio-economic development of the country and based on sustainable rattan production and management system.
WWF Greater Mekong – Vietnam Country Programme Office is seeking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced person for the full-time position of RATTAN PROJECT MANAGER, based in Hanoi or Hue City, Vietnam, with travel to project site when required.
The Project Manager will assist the WWF Regional Project Manager and WWF Landscape Manager, be responsible for the planning, management and implementation of project acitivities in Vietnam. He/she will assist its team to delivery required out comes of project and ensures the compliance with the Project Document and WWF’s contractual obligations as well as reporting of the EC supported project activities “Establishing a Sustainable Production System for Rattan Products in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam” as well as coordination with IKEA component. This will include responsible for technical, financial and administrative aspect of the project,. He/she will also responsible for overseeing the development of management systems, operational procedures and capacity building for key project counterparts, monitoring and supervising all counterparts involving to the project.
The Project Manager will provide technical assistance to the EC supported project on activities related to sustainable forest management, business and marketing and community based forest management group.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in conservation, natural resource management, bioregional planning, environmental, or in a field relevant to development and utilization of NTFPs
• 5 years of practical experience in progressively responsible professional managerial experience in either NGOs or the United Nations or bilateral development agencies. A substantial part of this experience should have at least 2 years been in livelihood improvements, village marketing, planning, and evaluation as well as with experience on marketing
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
• Experience in conducting studies and project management and planning, excellent analytical skills and knowledge of the country’s NTFP situation. Good understanding of rural development issues and working knowledge of policy/institutional context in rural development in Vietnam. Experience in coordinating research activities. Willingness to stay in remote areas.
• Proven ability as a team leader/member, Independence of mind and ability/willingness to speak and write plainly and fairly. Excellent communication and other interpersonal skills, Seeking for innovation. Results oriented. Experience of working in Vietnam, especially in the Central Annamites provinces including Hue and Quang Nam is an advantage.
• Committed to WWF’s goal and mission, Planning and organizing skills. Independent decision making within a given framework, Working effectively with colleagues. Accomplishing personal performance, Building networks, Generating innovative solutions, Leading and managing change with integrity, trustworthiness and confidence.
• Knowledge of conservation and natural resource management issues in Vietnam. Knowledge of the realities of government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit sector in the project. Experience of working with Government officials, local communities and/or donors at all levels
• Knowledge of M&E methodology, quality assurance
• Knowledge of WWF’s PPMS is an advantage
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV and available degrees and qualifications in English to Ms. Bui Thu Hien, HR & Admin Officer, WWF Vietnam Country Programme. Email: email@example.com , or post to WWF Vietnam Office at D13 Thang Long
International Village, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 28 February 2011 with interviews afterward.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No telephone contact
Detailed TOR of the position is posted on www.panda.org/greatermekong