Khoa Dịch tễ học, Đại học Y tế cộng đồng Johns Hopkins (Baltimore, Maryland, Mỹ) cần tuyển Cán bộ dự án cho một dự án 5 năm trong lĩnh vực phòng, chống HIV/AIDS và chăm sóc sức khỏe tại Việt Nam. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 15/03/2011.
The Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (Baltimore, Maryland, USA), invites applications for Project Officer positions for a new 5-year project in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention and care in Vietnam.
2 vacancies – Hanoi, Vietnam
The successful candidates will join the study team to conduct and evaluate a 5-year collaborative project, which aims to increase access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), access to methadone treatment, and to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy among drug users in Hanoi. Following the first year of formative research and trial setup, the study team will seek drug users, provide them with free HIV counseling and testing, and provide those who meet criteria for initiating ART with access to the treatment. Interventions to improve adherence to antiretroviral medications will be conducted and evaluated.
Specifically, the Project Officers will assist the project manager and the principal investigator to plan for project activities, to coordinate with collaborators, to monitor activities, to identify methodological issues related to field implementation, and to prepare project reports. It is expected that the Project Officers will lead special activities that are part of the project. The activities include HIV counseling and testing, clinical practice in HIV medicine and substance abuse treatment, outreach to the community, questionnaire interviews, use of mobile technology in health care, and data management. The Officers will also have opportunities to learn and improve their knowledge and skills in applied epidemiology, implementing large-scale clinical trials in poor resource settings, and disseminating scientific data (analysis and preparing reports for peer-reviewed publications).
– Have at least a bachelor’s degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences, such as medicine, substance abuse, psychiatry, epidemiology, public health, and social sciences.
– Have at least one year of experience in coordinating, planning, implementing, monitoring, or evaluating health-related projects or programs in Vietnam.
Conditions of Employment:
– Three-month probationary period may be required.
– One-year contract, renewable upon annual performance review.
A starting salary determination will be made on the basis of experience, education, training, and reference checks, if necessary.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package, which includes:
– Curriculum vitae in English, with the contacts of three references.
– A cover letter in English
– A recent photograph (either 4 x 6 cm print, or electronic format (.jpg) no larger than 1200×1200 pixels) taken in the past 6 months.
– Supporting documents: copy of degree certificates, diplomas, or relevant test scores (English translation not required).
Interested applicants should send their application online, via email to: email@example.com (maximum size of all electronic files: 1 MB) or via mail to:
Johns Hopkins University
Vietnam’s Seek, Test and ART (VISTA) Project Office
No. 11, Lane 378, Le Duan Street Dong Da District Hanoi
How you will be evaluated
Once the application is received, a review of curriculum vitae and supporting documentation will be made. Applications will not be returned. Only the most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. These candidates will be contacted by email or by phone, generally within 6 weeks from the date of application submission.
The search will remain open until the positions are filled. However, applications received by March 15, 2011 will be included in the initial review.