Dự án giáo dục Việt Bỉ (The Vietnam-Belgium Education Project) đang cần tuyển nhân viên tư vấn cho một dự án giáo dục ở miền núi phía Bắc Việt Nam. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 06/01/2010.
INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT or the Final Review of the project “Improving pre- and in-service training of primary & lower secondary teachers in the Northern Highlands of Vietnam” – VIE 04 019 11
Timeframe of the Final Review:
In accordance with the Technical and Financial File, the Final Evaluation shall take place at least 3 months before the end of the Project by independent external consultants. Considering the Project exit calendar, this exercise shall be finalized before April 10, 2010.
Purposes of the Final Review:
1. Review the Project strategy withreference to the logical framework and to the local context
2. Summarize the global Project progress & assess to which degree the specific objective has been attained
3. Assess the project effectiveness and its contribution to the Vietnamese education sector in general; determine in how far the project outcomes have contributed to the process of education innovation in the targeted provinces and in the country?
4. Assess whether the conclusions and recommendations of the Mid Term Review were taken into consideration and implemented. If not, explanations and reasoning should be provided
5. Check whether good governance principles were applied during the project execution (through contract awards notably)
6. Distil relevant lessons learned; recommend improvements in methodology & strategy for future use
7. Provide recommendations to the MOET to ensure the capitalization, sustainability and dissemination of the Project results
Location: Hanoi and 3 field visits to Northern provinces
Profile of the International Consultant:
Proven experience in evaluation of education programs
Excellent work record in fields related to education projects in developing countries, preferably with a focus on Active Teaching and Learning (ATL) methodologies
Strong analytical skills
Familiarity with the participative approach and with the pro-poor targeting
Previous work experience in Vietnam and understanding of the Vietnamese political and social dynamics would be an asset
Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships
Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, both verbal and written
English oral and written fluency required.
Tasks of the International Consultant: The International consultant is responsible for her/his findings, conclusions and recommendations. S/he is in charge of the following tasks:
Coordinate the FE-team
Lead the redaction of the FE-report and guarantee technical quality
Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are involved in the mission
Assess the basic criteria (coherence, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact) and other criteria as mentioned in chapter 6
Present the main conclusions and recommendations during the debriefing meetings
Edit and finalize the FE-report and other deliverables
In addressing the terms of reference (TOR), the candidates will send to the PMU:
Motivation Letter + C.V.
Technical and Financial proposal including proposed schedule of work.
All documents shall be sent in English (and in Vietnamese if possible).
• Time to request the TOR: from last date of publication until January 6, 2010 included.
• Submission of proposals to the PMU: not later than 27 January, 2010 included
• Opening of proposals by the PMU: January 28, 2010 at 09:00 hours
• Announcement of selected International Consultant: February 24, 2010
Mrs Barbara RADELLI (CTA): firstname.lastname@example.org
With copy to Mrs Le Huyen Trang (Administrator): email@example.com
Vietnam Belgium Education Project, La Thanh Hotel, Block J, 218 Doi Can Street, Hanoi
Closing date: January 6, 2010