UNFPA – The United Nations Population Fund cần tuyển Trợ lý riêng. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 24/10/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Personal Assistant
VACANCY No.: VA/FPA/GS/ICS6/2008
POST TITLE: Personal Assistant to the Representative
CLOSING DATE: 24 October 2008
LEVEL AND SALARY: GS6 (commencing $11,572 net per annum and other UNFPA benefits)
DURATION: 1 Year Fixed-term initially
DUTY STATION: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Office, Hanoi, Vietnam seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Representative.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
A. Ensure effective, efficient and timely secretarial support to the Representative and Deputy Representative. In doing so, the PA will undertake the following:
1. Discharge the secretarial duties to the Representative (RR) and Deputy Representative (DR) by arranging appointments, maintaining their agendas, ensuring their timely attendance of meetings, receiving visitors and placing calls, finalizing/typing correspondence, documents and reports including those of confidential nature, taking and transcribing dictation.
2. Screen and sort out correspondence to/from RR&DR?s perusal and decision before distributing to concerned staff for further action. Rapidly identify items requiring RR/DR’s urgent attention.
3. Coordinate the secretarial services of the office, distribute special assignments to other secretaries and clear correspondence for the supervisor?s signature. Review all correspondences prepared for signature of the RR/DR. Draws RR/DR’s attention to correspondence requiring priority handling. Brief and train new secretaries and give guidance to other secretaries on office procedures.
4. Ensure proper follow-up on tasks assigned by RR/DR to office staff and coordinate for completions of action.
5. Draft routine correspondence for RR/DR. Upon instruction, draft correspondence on a non-routine nature, including preparing in advance replies for RR’s/DR’s clearance/signature urgent incoming correspondences.
B. Ensure appropriate protocols
In charge of protocol matters: (a) arranges meetings with high-ranking officials; (b) arranges official receptions. In doing so, helps organise meetings, in case of receptions and social events issues invitations and follow-up on acceptance; accepts required invitation on behalf of RR/DR. Maintain list of visitors.
C. Ensure administrative functions timely undertaken
1. Facilitate programme activities of the RR/DR, as well as their functions through internal and external coordination with staff and Government officials. Act as liaison officer with responsible government ministries and departments
2. Collect information, assemble and prepare background material required by the RR/DR for briefings meetings, travel on missions; helps retrieving files and documentation whenever required by RR/DR
3. Prepare minutes of fortnightly senior management meetings and monthly staff meetings, and ensure follow-up on necessary actions. Upon instruction, attend and as required prepare minutes for other important meetings on programme issues.
4. Undertake translation and act as interpreter when required.
5. Maintain confidential files for RR/DR.
6. Ensures timely submission of UN visiting missions for the UN system’s reference.
– University degree in English and/or other related social science field.
– Have at least five years of secretarial experience in the public or the private sector, with excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and Vietnamese. Business writing and secretary certificates will be an asset.
– Very good communication and organizational skills; experience in a multinational working environment will be an asset.
– Proficient in current office software applications.
– Candidates must submit a completed UN Personal History (P.11) form ((available from http://www.unfpa.org/about/employment/p-11.doc), an updated Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to UNFPA Office, 1st Floor, UN Apartment Building, 2E Van Phuc Compound, Hanoi, Viet Nam in an envelop marked ?Confidential?, ref. VA/FPA/ICS6/2008 or emailed to email@example.com (preferably).
– Full Job Description for the post can be obtained from UNFPA office in Vietnam. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests and oral interviews. UNFPA reserves the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing date.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.