Hội Chữ Thập Đỏ Pháp đang cần tuyển 02 cán bộ cho dự án “Hỗ trợ khẩn cấp cho các nạn nhân lũ lụt đồng bằng sông Mê Kông phía Nam Việt Nam”. Thời gian làm việc dự kiến là 6 tháng, với khả năng gia hạn công việc, làm việc trên địa phận tỉnh Đồng Tháp và An Giang. Hạn cuối nhận hồ sơ là ngày 02.12.2011. Chi tiết công việc như sau:
The French Red Cross (FRC) is part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The FRC core areas of intervention are: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building.
Since 1990, the French Red Cross has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross to implement humanitarian and development activities.
In consortium with the Spanish Red Cross, the French Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross are implementing a 6-month relief project in the Mekong Delta: “Emergency assistance to the vulnerable victims of the floods in the Mekong Delta, Southern Vietnam”.
In the scope of this project the FRC is looking for 2 experienced and motivated Vietnamese staff for the position of Project Officer.
2. Job description
Six month with possibility of extension. The Project Officer will be assigned to the project on a full time basis.
The Project Officers (2 positions) will be based in Dong Thap and An Giang provinces respectively with frequent travel to the targeted communes within the provinces and in the neighboring province of Long An.
2.3. Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of Consortium Delegate, the Project Officer is responsible for the overall operational and financial management of the project. She/he will support the Vietnam Red Cross in properly implementing and monitoring all project activities.
In this capacity his/her specific duties and responsibilities include:
-To ensure the daily management of all planned activities of the Project at provincial, district and commune levels, in agreement with the Project Manager from Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) and the Consortium Delegate.
-To provide technical assistance on project implementation, monitoring and management to the members of District and Province and HQ Management.
-To provide assistance in financial management of the project.
-To supervise and monitor all activities.
-To be the focal point between FRC/SRC Consortium staff VNRC NHQ and VNRC branches
-To prepare intermediate and final narrative reports (in English) and assist the financial reports.
-To liaise and network with other relevant actors and stakeholders.
-To support capacity building in the Red Cross regional branches.
-To ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for use in future VNRC activities.
-To assist in translation and interpretation if necessary.
2.4. Minimum qualifications
– University Degree in development, social, economic studies, foreign languages or others.
– At least 5 years working in the development or humanitarian sector, including 2 year in an international environment in a similar position.
– Experience in at least one of the following areas: Disaster Response , Disaster Preparedness, Capacity Building and Organization Development, Community Development
– Experience in project management
– Experience in organizing/facilitating training, workshop
– Comprehensive knowledge of project management
– Good knowledge of emergency operations
– Knowledge of M&E tools and techniques
– Technical knowledge of items distribution and/or cash transfer interventions is a strong asset.
– Knowledge/Experience of the Red Cross movement is a strong asset.
– Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese and English
– Excellent computer skills: MS Office, e-mail, etc.
– Command of written and spoken French is an asset
Personal skills and abilities
– Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
– Good analytical and reporting skills
– Ability to supervise people / Leadership
– Sense of initiative and responsibility
– Ability to work in team as well as independently and in stressful environment
– Ability to represent the project among national and international stakeholders
– Ability to travel in the targeted areas (up to 70% of the time).
– Willingness to adhere to Red Cross Movement Principles.
3. Application Procedure
Interested Vietnamese candidates are requested to send:
– CV in English
– Application Letter in English
– Copies of education degree and relevant certificates
French Red Cross – Delegation in Vietnam
83A Tran Quoc Toan, 7 floor
Hoan Kiem District
Or through e-mail to:
With the following Reference: FRC_Relief 2011_PO_Your Name
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview. Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidates could be contacted before the deadline for candidatures’ submission.