Hiệp hội Bảo tồn Động vật Hoang dã (WCS) là một tổ chức phi chính phủ, phi lợi nhuận được thành lập năm 1895 nhằm bảo tồn sự đa dạng sinh học trên trái đất. WCS có hoạt động ở hơn 60 quốc gia thuộc Châu Phi, Châu Á, Nam Mỹ và Mỹ La Tin… Hiện WCS đang tuyển điều phối cho chương trình bảo vệ động vật hoang dã tại Việt Nam. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 15/08/20009. Thông tin chi tiết xin xem dưới đây.
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US-based conservation organization registered as a non-profit, tax-exempt voluntary organization and has been dedicated to conserving the earth’s biodiversity since its establishment in 1895. Their efforts are concentrated in many of the world’s developing countries where biological diversity is greatest and pressure on nature is most intense. WCS currently works in more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and North and Latin America and has special institutional capacity in the following thematic areas: strengthening institutional capacity, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, policy development, protected area establishment and management, landscape conservation, and socio-economic strategies for conservation.
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s program in Vietnam addresses the critical conservation issue of illegal hunting and trade in wildlife. Vietnam is both a major consumer of wildlife, and also a transit country whereby wildlife is imported from other countries to its west and south, and re-exported. Hence, it is an extremely important link in the trade chain for illegal wildlife.
We carry out research to provide reliable data on the scale, organization and dynamics of the wildlife trade in Vietnam, and work closely with the government to strengthen wildlife crime law enforcement in Vietnam, and through our partnerships with other National organizations aim to build political momentum within Vietnam to take wildlife crime seriously.
WCS are preparing to initiate a new project that will implement interventions with government agencies in key border provinces in Vietnam to strengthen law enforcement and build political support to significantly reduce the illegal cross-border traffic of protected wildlife.
Scope of work:
The Project Coordinator (PC) will co-ordinate WCS’s project addressing the illegal cross-border trade of wildlife from Vietnam to China. The PC will be responsible to design, implement and monitor activities, budgets, and staff working with the project to meet the expected outcomes. The PC will also participate in fundraising for further project activities, development of WCS policies and strategy, and represent WCS in meeting and workshop domestically and internationally.
• Manage the implementation of the Project to ensure outcomes are achieved, including quality control, ensuring equity, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation
• Development, implementation and monitoring of project activities to strengthen law enforcement of the illegal cross-border trade of wildlife. This will include but not be restricted to training programs in professional law enforcement techniques for wildlife crime investigations for key agencies; Joint-meetings of enforcement agencies held to strengthen inter-agency co-operation at a provincial level; investigations into the scale and dynamics of illegal cross-border wildlife trade; briefings with key provincial and national government departments to garner their support for increased effort to prosecuting wildlife criminals operating in border provinces; and bi-lateral meetings between Vietnam and other countries to strengthen international co-operation mechanisms for controlling the illegal wildlife trade.
• Complete internal and external reports both financial and activity to schedule
• Development and maintenance of effective collaborative relationships with local partners and stakeholders
• Identify and support fundraising opportunities for expanding WCS projects
• Ensure implementation of WCS operational policies, procedures and guidelines, in all aspects of WCS work.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in overall planning and management of the WCS Vietnam Program.
• Administer project staff and consultants to achieve desired project outcomes.
This position is for a Vietnamese national with a University degree in a related field with very good English and Vietnamese language skills and at least 5 years of work experience in a similar position with an international organization or NGO. In addition, candidates with the following competencies are preferred:
• Work experience in the environment/development sector or law enforcement agency
• Postgraduate degree in related field
• Experience in financial/staff management, fundraising and donor reporting
• Knowledge on illegal trafficking of wildlife or other black market commodities (e.g. humans, narcotics, weapons)
• Ability and experience with relevant government agencies, donors and other partners
• Advanced computer skills (e.g. Statistics programs, GIS)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and current CV to:
Ms. Pham Thi Minh – Country Finance & HR Manager
Wildlife Conservation Society, 1101, Hacisco tower, Ngo 107, Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hanoi
For future information posting, candidates are requested to state correctly the source of information they get from for this job advertisement.
Deadline for Applications: August 15th 2009
Only short listed candidates will be contacted