FRC – hội chữ thập đỏ Pháp cần tuyển Cán bộ sức khỏe môi trường. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 03/11/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
FRENCH RED CROSS (FRC)
Delegation of VIETNAM
15 Thien Quang, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone/Fax : 04 39 423 154
Terms of Reference
Environmental Health Promoter – IEC Specialist
The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The activities cover four main areas: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building. Since 1990, the French Red Cross has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross to implement humanitarian and development activities. Within the framework of this cooperation, the French Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross are implementing a Water and Sanitation project in Bac Kan Province addressing ethnic minorities’ basic needs.
2. Job description
One year (from November 2008) with possibility of extension. The Environmental Health Promoter will be assigned to the project on a full time basis.
The position is based in Bac Kan Town with frequent visits to the project sites (up to 60% of the working time).
2.3. Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Water and Sanitation Coordinator, the Environmental Health Promoter is responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of all IEC activities -focussing especially on hygiene and environmental health promotion- through community mobilization and participation. She/he will also be responsible for supporting the Vietnam Red Cross in IEC activities.
His/Her specific duties and responsibilities include:
. The planification and supervision of:
o the IEC activities based on a participative approach
o the work carried out by the local FRC project managers in the communes
. The daily management of all planned IEC activities at district and commune level (PHAST approach).
. The development of news and innovative IEC activities in terms of contents, support media, targeted populations.
. The definition of M&E indicators and the follow-up of those indicators.
. Organising and facilitating training, workshop and seminars related to her/his field of competencies.
. Working closely with the Vietnam Red Cross members and coordinating with non-governmental sector and local authorities.
. Supporting capacity building of the Vietnam Red Cross
. Writing monthly reports (narrative, data, financial)
2.4. Minimum qualifications
– Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Development, Public Health, Social work or other related field.
– At least 3 years working in the development sector, including 1 year in an international environment in a similar position
– Experience in the field of Hygiene Promotion or Health Education within Water and sanitation programmes
– Experience in developing and using IEC materials
– Experience in community mobilization
– Experience in training and facilitating workshop
– Good knowledge of community development concepts and participatory techniques (PHAST, SARAR, CLTS or PRA)
– Knowledge of M&E tools and techniques (of which KAP survey)
– Knowledge of the Red Cross movement is an asset
– Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese
– Good command of written and spoken English or French
– Knowledge of northern ethnic minority language is an asset (Tay, Dao, Hmong)
– Good computer skills: MS Office, e-mail
Personal skills and abilities
– Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
– Good analytical and reporting skills
– Ability to supervise people / Leadership
– Sense of initiative and responsibility
– Ability to work in team as well as independently
– Ability to work in stressful situations, for long hours and in remote areas
3. Application Procedure
Interested Vietnamese candidates are requested to send:
– CV in English
– Application Letter in English
– Copies of education degree and relevant certificates
To: French Red Cross – Delegation in Vietnam
15 Thien Quang, Hanoi
Or through e-mail to: email@example.com
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview.