UNDP cần tuyển Biên tập viên Tiếng Anh. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 21/06/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Terms of Reference for an English editor to edit a UNDP Discussion Paper on the State General Corporations
1. Project background
UNDP and the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom (DFID) have entered into a Strategic Partnership Initiative (SPI) to streamline existing arrangements between the two agencies and to capitalise on the respective comparative advantage of each agency. As part of this partnership initiative, DFID has provided funds to UNDP to support policy research and other new initiatives. One of the areas of policy research identified between the two agencies is Viet Nam?s Industrial Competitiveness.
Under this project, a discussion paper on the efficiency of the state General Corporations as the driver for industrial development and their relationship with the state has been developed on the basis of the enterprise survey implemented from November 2006 to May 2007. The discussion paper aims to stimulate informed discussion and debate through the presentation of evidence in a clear and impartial manner.
This Terms of Reference provides the terms and conditions for an English editor of the report.
The objective of the assignment is to edit the policy discussion paper on the state of the general corporations for grammar, style and content.
3. Tasks and outputs
The editor will read the first draft of the discussion paper carefully in English. He or she will make the following editions:
1. Editing English language of the draft, 2
2. Checking for repetition and shortening the paper to send clear messages to policy makers,
3. Editing the presentation style of the draft and the appropriateness for readers in academia and policymaking;
4. Timing, duration and location
Editing will be conducted over a total of six working days. The work will be carried out from late June – early July 2008 in Hanoi.
5. Reporting lines and administrative support
The editor will report to the Senior Country Economist of UNDP in Hanoi. He or she will cooperate with the National Economist of UNDP during the implementation of the task.
6. Qualifications and experience
– An advanced academic degree in economics or a related field.
– Familiarity with the literature and policies on Viet Nam?s state-owned enterprise reform is an advantage.