WWF cần tuyển Cố vấn kỹ thuật làm việc tại Đông Hà – Quảng Trị. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 10/06/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Technical Advisor (Quang Tri Province)
WWF, one of the world’s largest independent conservation organizations, has a global network active in 96 countries. From its Greater Mekong Country Programme Office in Hanoi, WWF manages a wide aray of conservation projects in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam and Thailand in forest, freshwater and marine/coastal priority area as well as on species conservation. In close collaboration with the ADB and MONRE, WWF Greater Mekong is running a 5 year-project the Central Annamites Biodiversity Conservation Corridor which aims to maintain the ecological integrity of the Central Annamites landscape through improved management of core areas for biodiversity conservation and the sustainable development of the landscape through the creation of community co-management mechanisms.
Technical Advisor, based in Dong Ha, Quang Tri province. The national and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties & responsibilities:
– Provide supervision and technical support to selected Project Officers (see below) in project development, implementation, and monitoring in Quang Tri
– Liaise and network with government and non-government agencies working in Quang Tri. This includes obtaining information on other relevant programmes and projects, providing information about WWF efforts, increasing cooperation and collaboration and negotiating and resolving conflicts
– Effectively supervise the management of all project resources
– Oversee the implementation of selected projects in Quang Tri including the BCI project
– Coordinate with counterpart agencies and other agencies of central, provincial and district governments
– Formulate monthly and six-monthly work plans for project activities in consultation with counterparts
– Manage activity implementation in Quang Tri and for identified technical fields across the landscape
– Provide planning and policy input at provincial and national levels
– Supervise and support consultants working in Quang Tri and follow up on their recommendations where appropriate
– Coordinate with staff of relevant projects working in the landscape
– Supervise financial management and reporting in Quang Tri
– Masters degree or Ph.D. level or equivalent in conservation, natural resource management or bioregional planning
– At least 5 years practical experience in managing projects in conservation, natural resource management or bioregional planning
– Experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels
– Significant supervisory experience, with excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization
– Monitoring and evaluation experience
Duration of assignment for above positions: An initial contract for 18 months with possible extension
Expected starting date: ASAP
All interested teams or individual candidates are invited to email an application letter, and a CV in English to Ms. Bui Thu Hien, HR official: Hien.Buithu@wwfgeratermekong.org.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 10th June, 2008.