MCNV cần tuyển Cán bộ phát triển cộng đồng làm việc ở Nha Trang. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 1/4/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
The Medical Committee Netherlands-Vietnam (MCNV – Nha Trang office) is looking for a Community Development Officer (Vietnamese national), preferably with a background in Public Health or Sociology
MCNV is an NGO with 40 years experience in development assistance to Vietnam. Our mission is to achieve structural improvements in the health and livelihood of disadvantaged groups in Vietnam through activities that strengthen those groups to find solutions for their problems themselves. MCNV has 3 expatriates and 30 Vietnamese staff working in three offices in Vietnam (Hanoi, Quang Tri and Nha Trang). MCNV funds come from the donations by private supporters in The Netherlands and subsidies from the Dutch Government, the EC and other funds, which enable us to support a wide variety of development projects. “Health improvement” is viewed very broadly by MCNV and includes capacity building at many levels as well as structural poverty reduction – which is the main focus of the program in Khanh Hoa:
Community-managed Health & Livelihood Development in Khanh Vinh district
Since 2004 MCNV is cooperating with the People’s Committee of Khanh Vinh district and the Italian NGO UCODEP in a five-year project to improve the quality of life in poor mountainous communities in Khanh Vinh through “community-managed development” (CMD). The project has co-financing from the European Commission. Activities are multisectoral, with a focus on Production (Agriculture, Forestry), Micro-credit systems, Handicraft development and Health. Activities are chosen, planned, monitored and evaluated by the target groups, with an explicit vision to ensure that the development will benefit all, especially the most vulnerable and disadvantaged groups: people with disabilities, the poorest, ethnic minorities, women and children.
– Organize and facilitate processes to improve the situation of the most vulnerable groups: malnutritioned children, people with disabilities and women. He/she is able to design and conduct specific training modules and IEC material, and able to work well with external experts (consultants).
– Coordinate with the partners to identify the needs of beneficiaries and make plans according to the logical framework of the program.
– Monitor and evaluate development plans from the target group and write the reports relating to the activities.
– Bachelor or preferably Master, major in Public Health or Sociology. Or the applicant must have at least 5 years of experience in gender awareness raising, or child malnutrition, or health promotion/behaviour change education, or community-based Rehabilitation;
– High motivation and good attitude to work towards equitable poverty alleviation in a cross-cultural setting, respectful to and interested in other cultures and values, gender sensitive;
– Capacity to work good in a team as well as independently;
– Good facilitating and communication skills; attitude for, and experience in participatory development work;
– Understanding of and work experience with NGOs and in research field is desirable;
– Have English and computer skills;
– Living in Khanh Hoa province or willing to move long-term to Nha Trang.
Employment will be on contract basis: after a satisfactory probation period a yearly extended contract is possible untill at least August 2009. Salaries will depend on educational and experience levels following the MCNV scales (INGO level).
Please send a letter explaining your interest and capacity for this job, plus a complete CV, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is: 1st of April 2008, and employment should start preferably not later than in May 2008. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview, during sessions either in Nha Trang or the applicant’s place of residence.
For more information about MCNV you may want to consult: http://www.mcnv.nl/