ILRI (The International Livestock Research Institute) cần tuyển Trợ lý nghiên cứu. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 29/02/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is part of a global network of 15 Future Harvest centres, funded by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). To meet the needs of our expanding activities in Vietnam and elsewhere in the region, we are looking for a motivated, energetic, young researcher for a research assistant position to provide research support to an international organization engaged in livestock research.
– A Master?s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or Agricultural Sciences;
– At least two years experience in implementing survey-based research projects, including survey design and analysis of household data;
– Computer skills particularly with Excel, Access, Word, and Powerpoint;
– Knowledge of software packages like STATA, and SPSS;
– Strong communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
– Ability to work independently and effectively with members of diverse cultures and levels of authority;
– Experience in participatory approaches applied to community-based activities that involve interaction with farmers and other locally based institutions;
– Willingness to travel for long periods of time in some of the most difficult areas of Vietnam;
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team across institutions;
– Familiarity with and appreciation of livestock policy issues in Vietnam and in other developing countries in the region.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
– Provide the research team with an enhanced capacity to perform microeconomic, econometric, and statistical analysis;
– Design, plan, and implement research to address economic and policy issues of livestock development in Vietnam and other developing countries in the region;
– Perform basic quantitative and econometric analysis; generate and prepare tables, figures, and graphs for reports and presentations;
– Conduct bibliographic searches and assist in the write up of literature reviews and analyses;
– Edit research outputs; and
– Collaborate with national partners in the conduct of research.
Please submit letter of application, comprehensive resum_, tran scri pt of records, three letters of recommendations, and name and contact details of three (3) referees to the following:
Deadline for application is 29 February or until a suitable candidate is identified. For more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.