ISG thuộc Bộ Nông nghiệp và Phát triển nông thôn (MARD) cần tuyển cán bộ chương trình. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 7/12/2007. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Programme Officer, ISG Secretariat, MARD
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 7th 2007
DATE OF ISSUANCE: Nov. 19 2007
DUTY STATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
The International Support Group (ISG) of MARD has been established since 1997 to serve as a mechanism to establish and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the co- operation between MARD and international donors and NGO?s. Its over-arching goal of ISG was renewed in 2005 to update with the new context of the setor especially in supporting MARD to implement the Five Year Plan 2006 – 2010 :
To strengthen MARD ownership, capacity and building of partnerships for the effective and efficient utilization of ODA in accordance with the principles and methods embodied in the Hanoi Core Statement on Aid Effectiveness, and to strengthen MARD?s ability to attract and coordinate FDI in a manner complementary to Vietnam?s development goals and principles.
To achieve ISG?s goals and mission it is working in 5 Key Areas : three Core Key Areas and two Supporting Key Areas. The two Supporting Key Areas are cross-cutting in nature and are sub-component of each of the three Core Areas. The three Core Areas represent the three main functions of ISG: 1) Policy Dialogue Platform, 2) Donor and FDI coordination, and 3) Information Gathering and Dissemination. Organizing the objectives and key areas in the proposed manner is designed to clarify the main functions of the ISG process for the ISG stakeholders as well as streamline activity planning and performance analysis.
Due to the workload designed in the workplan 2006 – 2010 approved by ISG Steering Board , ISG Secretariat is allowed to recruit one full time programme officer for the existing team.
The position is located within the ISG Secretariat , MARD , HANOI.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, collecting inputs for policies dialogues from relevant local stakeholders orgainizing policy dialogues between MARD and province relevant levels and international donors upon the approval of MARD leaders, preparing technical documents within ISG Secretariate scope of operation and responsibilities, confirming consistency of technical information provided by MARD agencies and other relating institutions. Under the supervision of the ISG manager, and in accordance with decisions of ISG, the incumbent will:
1) Keep contact and facilite MARD and provinces? agencies to provide inputs for policy dialogues and thematic ad-hoc studies relevant to ISG?s mandate
2) Provide technical support for all ISG meetings with MARD stakeholders and donors including drafting technical documents, verifying that information provided by MARD departments and institutes meets the information requirements , and providing secretariat support to the TAGs and International cooperation network and other working groups/partnerships, orgainizing and delivering meetings and workshops as required;
3) Monitor policy, legal and technical developments related to national, regional, inter-regional and international instruments concerning sector development;
4) Provide information to government officials and other interested parties upon request and within ISG mandates and expertise and ensure general contact through meetings and correspondence with MARD and provincial interest subordinates;
5) Provide interpretation and translation when necessary;
6) Other duties as requested by the ISG Director and Manager
– Knowledge and understanding of Government organizations. Knowledge Agriculture and Rural Development Administrative system is preferable;
– Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic development policies and strategies;
– Knowledge of the policy and strategy coordination mechanism in the Government System;
– Practical experience in programming, planning and policy analysis
– Good research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Communications: Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports, studies and other communications and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style.
– Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, graphics software, spreadsheets and other statistical applications, Internet, etc.
– Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
Advanced university degree in agriculture and rural development, management, economics, public policy, law or other relevant discipline, or a first university degree with a relevant combination of academic and professional qualifications
At least 10 years progressively responsible in the specific programme area associated with this post, such as agricultural /rural development projects, programmes, programme evaluation, or coordination, policy analysis. Experience in research, evaluation and policy development is required.
Good command of English : fluency in spoken and written English is essential;
Basic knowledge of relevant institutional mandates, policies, guidelines is an advantage as well as knowledge of the institutions of the international donors? system.