Tổ chức Abt Associates Inc., cần tuyển quản lý chương trình phòng chống, chữa trị và giảm nhẹ tác hại của căn bệnh HIV/AIDS tại Việt Nam. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến ngày 08.11.2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
The USAID-funded Policy Initiative (HPI) Project in Vietnam aims to facilitate a consistent, enabling legal and policy environment in the country; establish and implement best practice- and evidence-based programs for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and impact mitigation; and promote the recognition of civil society organizations (CSOs) and their full participation in policy development and program implementation. The Project Leader 13 / Chief of Party/ Technical Lead will report directly to the Abt Portfolio Manager in Bethesda and have the responsibility to manage all project activities. S/he is also responsible for the overall management of the project and providing sound program guidance to ensure effective completion of project results.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
The Chief of Party has primary responsibility for the strategic direction, and technical leadership to produce project results, as well as overall management of the operational, financial and administrative aspects of the project. The COP works to assure that the full potential of the contract is realized through the promotion of high quality work and internal control.
Duties and responsibilities of the Chief of Party include:
– Represents Abt Associates and the project to the USAID Mission, the host country government and other key stakeholders.
– Carries full authority and accountability for project decisions, as delegated by the IHD project team, under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager and oversight of the Practice Manager.
– Sets and pursues a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the team and in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
– Conceptualizes and designs project elements as required for restructuring or expansion of existing programs.
– Ensures that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
– Oversees development and timely implementation of monitoring plans for all project activities and ensures that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
– Oversees the design and operation of management systems and operating procedures for the implementation of project activities.
– Oversees routine staff meetings and formal quarterly reviews of progress, performance, and financial status of all work.
– Oversees effective utilization of short-term technical assistance.
– Leads, monitors, and guides the teams/team leaders carrying out the work; assigns and delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
– Leads recruitment of local staff; conducts or participates in performance evaluations of senior technical staff.
– Supervises institutional sub-agreements with assistance from the Abt Senior Management Team.
– Assumes responsibility for the technical quality of all HPI activities and products.
– Leads the project annual work planning, and ensures that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
– Provides regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates.
– Coordinates with the Portfolio Manager and Contract Administrator to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated and that actions comply with the provisions of the contract and with USAID.
– Ensures that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID requirements, procedures and practices.
– Develops documentation processes and capabilities to ensure documentation and dissemination of HPI results/activities.
– Develops relationships and works closely with the Ministry of Health and other key ministries and other government entities, and maintains communication with development partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Qualification requirements include the following:
– Masters Degree (minimum), or a PhD or MD (desirable), in Public Health, Public Administration, or other relevant field.
– 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
– 5 or more years of international program management experience.
– Significant experience in HIV/AIDS policy design, implementation, and analysis.
– Significant experience in project implementation and policy reform.
– Strong English and Vietnamese language capability.
– Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
– Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS policy, with a successful track record as a program manager. Experience with USAID and/or PEPFAR desirable.
– Familiarity with and contacts in relevant VN government and party structures, as well established working relationships with government agencies and officials at central and local levels
– Experience successfully managing sizable staff.
– Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
– Ability independently to plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
– Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into an efficiently implemented program
Interest candidates for the above positions may submit written application in English together with updated curriculum vitae, and copies of available degrees to: Ted_Hammett@abtassoc.com or mail to Abt Associates Inc, Floor 3, 72 Xuan Dieu Street, Hanoi (Attention: Dr. Theodore M Hammett) before 17:00 PM, November 8, 2011.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will not be returned. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.