VECO Việt Nam cần tuyển điều phối viên cho dự án ở Phú Thọ và Lạng Sơn. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 15/01/2011.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Antenna Coordinators (2)
Antenna Office: Yen Lap District, Phu Tho Province
Antenna Office: Lang Son City, Lang Son Province
VECO Vietnam is one of the 8 regional and country offices in Africa, Latin America and Asia of Vredeseilanden, a Belgian NGO for assistance in development.
VECO Vietnam wants to contribute to viable livelihoods of organized family farmers. We choose family farmers as the starting point in the pursuit of our vision and mission. We carry out our program through sustainable agriculture chain development (SACD).
Income from sustainable agriculture is a key element in livelihood improvement. We contribute to their empowerment to improve their position in the whole agricultural chain, from production to consumption. In these chains consumer demand and markets are driving forces. Therefore, VECO Vietnam facilitates marketing initiatives identified and defined by the farmers.
We are looking for two dynamic and motivated Vietnamese nationals for the position of Antenna Coordinators. The incumbent will be based in Hanoi Coordinating Office but will spend more than 60% of the time in the assigned Antenna Office.
Purpose: The Coordinator will lead and coordinate programming and implementation of the SACD Program of VECO in respective Antenna Office:
1. Yen Lap Antenna Office (Yen Lap District): tea and rice value chains
2. Lang Son Antenna Office (Lang Son City and Viet Tri City): Safe vegetables chains.
Reports to: SACD Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the VECO Antenna Office pertaining to office administration, finance and program;
• Develop and nurture mutually trusting and productive relationships with VECO partners (boundary partners, strategic partners and service providers) in the program area;
• Organize and coordinate inter-agency meetings and/or fora among VECO partners in the program area for effective communication and complementation of inputs, services and activities;
• Liaise with the different chain actors to explore and facilitate ways to strengthen relationships and collaborations, and accessing of services and resources (such as credit and financing) for the boundary partners;
• Lead the Antenna team in preparation of their implementation plans according to standard systems and procedures of VECO;
• Draw support or technical inputs of the Advocacy and Consumer Coordinator in program planning and implementation.
• Ensure effective and efficient implementation of plans by VECO staff and program partners, including financial resource management and accountability
• Mainstream the cross-cutting themes of gender, HIV-AIDS, participation and empowerment, inter-cultural equity in the design and implementation of the VECO Program, as appropriate;
• Monitor progress of program implementation by VECO staff and programme partners, and link them to the planning, learning and accountability (PLA) system of VECO.
• Provide technical advise to program partners in their planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and the program;
• Organize and conduct periodic program review, reflection and synthesis of lessons with program partners and contribute to organizational learning inside and outside VECO;
• Establish contacts and networks with local organizations, development institutions, government authorities and service providers;
• Ensure compliance of program partners with the policies and procedures of VECO;
• Prepare and review draft of MOAs with program partners;
• Facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogues at the district level for policy discussions and formulation, in coordination with the Advocacy and Consumer Coordinator;
• Where appropriate, mainstream VECO’s transversal themes (gender, intercultural equity, participation and HIV/Aids) in the Antenna plans and implementation;
• Prepare narrative and financial reports based on partner’s reports in accordance with the VECO Planning, Learning and Accountability (PLA) System;
• Write illustrative stories in English from the field highlighting best practices that worked and progress towards the program objectives;
• Represent VECO Vietnam at the District level when required;
• Participate and contribute in the meetings and discussions of the VECO Program Committee; & Coordinate visits to the program area by VECO staff, visitors, guests, and donor partners.
• Working knowledge on English, both written and spoken;
• College Degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Agri-Business, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Community Development and Development Studies. Master’s Degree or masteral units will be an advantage;
• At least 7 years experience in agricultural and rural development programs, including 3 years in supervisor work. Previous work on market or value chain development will be a distinct edge.
• Some experience at the international level shall be an advantage;
• Willingness to travel and spend significant time at the Antenna office location;
• Good understanding of poverty and food security issues at the community and farmer’s level;
• Good understanding of sustainable agriculture and market chain development;
• Program development, design formulation and management;
• Keen on building and developing relationships with different agencies and stakeholders;
• Effective communication and negotiation skills;
• Self-confidence in meeting and discussing with local authorities and agency officials;
• Team leadership, and ability to manage, coach and motivate colleagues and partners;
• Social mobilization and networking with program partners;
• Training and capacity development of program partners;
• Creative and has a keen sense for innovation;
• Knowledge of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation methods;
• Active listener and good cross-cultural communicator.
Detailed job description is posted in the VECO Vietnam website: http://www.veco.org.vn
Please send your application letter together with a photograph and detailed CV to the:
VECO Coordinating Office #12 Lane 535/2, Kim Ma Street Hanoi
or e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications must be received on or before 15 January 2011.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.