Tổ chức phát triển Hà Lan (SNV) cần tuyển Chuyên gia cố vấn về REDD. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 10/01/2011.
SNV Vietnam is looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the post of: Senior Advisor to manage the project ‘’Promoting High Biodiversity REDD’’ on an Associate/Consultant contract
Duty station: Hanoi with regular travel to Lam Dong province
SNV – the Netherlands Development Organisation – is an advisory organisation that promotes market based solutions for the poor in 33 countries around the world. Our advisors, and the local capacity builders we work with, deliver support to over 2,000
SNV works in the agricultural and forestry, tourism, renewable energy and water and sanitation sectors.
SNV is seeking a highly qualified expert to manage the Project ‘Exploring mechanisms to promote High Biodiversity REDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation): Piloting in Viet Nam’. This new project will explore how to put into operation mechanisms to monitor adherence to biodiversity standards as part of any National REDD+ framework.
This project, through research, policy advice and application intends to identify and test possible mechanisms at the international, national and field levels which will help promote high biodiversity REDD+. The project will work closely with the Directorate of Forestry and the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources to introduce biodiversity standards and a monitoring framework as part of the national REDD+ system in Viet Nam. At the field level the project will test biodiversity indicators and establish a model community-based monitoring system, which could be scaled up across the country.
These interventions will provide valuable insights and lessons on introducing biodiversity standards and monitoring frameworks in the national context. Such lessons can be replicated throughout the country and region and will be fed into ongoing international climate negotiations at the UNFCCC.
As well as managing this project the advisor will also be required to fulfil a range of other roles and responsibilities.
– Provide strong leadership to the ’High Biodiversity REDD’’ project team and consultants.
– Monitor consultants work in terms of delivered outputs against milestones;
– Manage new project ‘’High Biodiversity REDD’’; this includes managing staff, budgets and delivery of results
– Provide technical advice to the ‘’Cat Tien Pro Poor REDD Project’’
Network and Partnership Development:
– Coordinate and work closely with project partners; DoF, MONRE, IIED, BMU, UN REDD etc
– Collaborate and keep informed the National REDD Network, the REDD Technical Working Group; chair the sub-Technical Working Group on Local Implementation
– Oversee implementation of all aspects of the project, monitor outcomes and impact achievements;
– Ensure quality of advisory services delivered by team of consultants
– Provide high level advisory services to project clients (DOF, FPD, relevant provincial & district offices).
– Provide input into technical papers on REDD, biodiversity and community management
– Day-to-day support to the Programme Leader – Climate change
Education: Master degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, or similar.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 7 years of proven track record in forestry and forest resource assessment.
• Good knowledge of the REDD+
• Good knowledge of community based natural resource management
• Extensive experience with forest technical issues and institutions in Viet Nam.
• Experience with and operating skills with Geographical Information System and/or remote sensing is preferred.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills (internally and externally).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high team work spirit.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written; ability to speak Vietnamese is a plus.
• Willingness and ability to travel regularly to remote locations in other provinces of Vietnam.
• Excellent computer literacy.
Description duty station:
Name: Hanoi city – capital of Vietnam. Duty station will be in Hanoi with regular travel to other provinces of Vietnam.
Health services: There are several international standard healthcare facilities in Hanoi.
Educational facilities: There are international schooling systems up to IB level in English and French in Hanoi.
Security situation: Very good; peace and security throughout the country.
Accessibility: Daily flights.
Contract period: We offer a competitive associate – consultancy contract with a duration of 1 year, with a possibility to extend to 3 years.
Desired appointment date: As soon as possible, ideally in February/March 2011.
Please send application letter and CV (in English) to Ms. Nguyen Thi Hai Yen at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th January 2011.