WWF cần tuyển Cán bộ bảo tồn làm việc tại Tam Kỳ – Quảng Nam hoặc Đông Hà – Quảng Trị. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 28/03/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Conservation Officer (Vietnamese National Position)
WWF, one of the world’s largest independent conservation organizations, has a global network active in 96 countries. From its Greater Mekong Country Programme Office in Hanoi, WWF manages a wide array of conservation projects in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam and Thailand in forest, freshwater and marine/coastal priority area as well as on species conservation. In close collaboration with the ADB and MONRE, WWF Greater Mekong is running a 5 year-project the Central Annamites Biodiversity Conservation Corridor which aims to maintain the ecological integrity of the Central Annamites landscape through improved management of core areas for biodiversity conservation and the sustainable development of the landscape through the creation of community co-management mechanisms. In Viet Nam, the project covers the provinces of Quang Nam, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue provinces.
Conservation Officer (Vietnamese National Position), based either in Tam Ky, Quang Nam or Dong Ha, Quang Tri provinces.
Major Duties & responsibilities:
– To support FPD and related departments to develop and implement strengthened nature conservation and protected area management across Quang Nam and Quang Tri provinces
– To train rangers and support FPD conduct species monitoring programme and biodiversity surveys
– To develop scientific biological survey methods
– To support in the development of and implementation of training courses
– To support FPD in the implementation and production of protected area management plans
– To support DPCs in the development of district forest management plans
– To establish a site-based management and enforcement database
– To develop close inter-departmental cooperation mechanisms
– To support ranger law enforcement training
– To support and implement the development of a landscape M&E system
– Either a degree or higher in conservation, environment, biology, or related field
– Proficiency in English and fluent Vietnamese
– At least 3 years experience in a related field
– Proven training skills
– Previous work with an international organization preferable
Duration of assignment for above positions: 3 years contract with possible extension
Expected starting date: ASAP
All interested teams or individual candidates are invited to email an application letter, and a CV in English to Ms. Bui Thu Hien, HR official: Hien.Buithu@wwfgeratermekong.org.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 28th March, 2008.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Interested candidate are invited to visit WWF websites: http://www.wwfindochina.org/ and http://www.panda.org.