Hiện nay CARE Việt Nam đang cần tuyển Kỹ sư/Nhóm kỹ sư Thuỷ lợi làm việc tại Thanh Hoá trong thời gian làm việc 5 tháng. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 23/11/2007. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Position title: Water Engineer (individual or organisation)
Position De scri ption: Consultancy to provide technical advice on the repair and rehabilitation of the Bai Dang Reservoir
Reporting to: Hanoch Barlevi, Disaster Management Coordinator
Based: Hanoi, Viet Nam with frequent travel to project site
Duration: 5 months, December 2007 to April 2008
CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organisation representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation, working with Vietnamese partners in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for experienced and qualified individual or organisation for a consultancy to provide technical advice on the repair and rehabilitation of the Bai Dang Reservoir in Thach Thanh District, Thanh Hoa Province. The individual or organisation will have the necessary skills and experience to oversee the design, construction and management of this project. The working base for this consultancy is in Hanoi and contract duration is from December 2007 ? April 2008. Total number of working days and contract terms will be negotiated with successful applicant.
1. Background Information
On Wednesday 3rd October 2007 Typhoon Lekima, a Category 1 typhoon hit the coastal provinces of central and north-central Vietnam. Heavy rainfall resulted in flooding to 22 of 28 communes in Thach Thanh district. On the evening of October 5, the Bai Dang reservoir in Thanh Tan commune was severely damaged by flood waters and dams surrounding it were partly destroyed. The reservoir provides the commune with water for personal and household use, irrigation for rice and sugarcane, water for livestock and aquaculture.
The reservoir was built in 1984 and is surrounded by an earthen dam. The canal for irrigation is 450 m long and provides water to irrigate 68 hectares of farmland (40ha. rice, 28 ha. sugarcane). Its current capacity is 470,000 m?, it is 8.5 meters high and 280 meters long. The spillway width is 3.6 meters and the sluice is 0.4-0.6 meters.
A damage assessment has been completed and design to rehabilitate and strengthen the reservoir drawn up. The rehabilitation will improve identified weaknesses and increase the capacity of the reservoir to reduce vulnerability during times of flood.
2. Scope of Work
CARE VN will recruit a Water Engineer (individual or organisation) to assure the quality of rehabilitation work to Bai Dang Reservoir across the complete project cycle. This will be done in close consultation with the Project Manager and Disaster Management Coordinator at CARE, selected construction contractor and with key local stakeholders at the Provincial, District and Commune level.
The purpose of the consultancy is to ensure the repair and upgrade of the Bai Dang Reservoir is appropriate to local conditions, completed to a high standard, is constructed on-budget and within the specified timeframe.
2.2 Key activities and expected outputs
* Review the current proposed design including design floods and spillway capacity, geotechnical and structural design as well as drawings and specifications. All design should comply with Vietnamese standards for dam safety
* Develop and organise a tender bid to select construction contractor
* Review tender recommendations, selection of contractor and proposed construction method
* Develop a detailed workplan together with the selected contractor and relevant stakeholders
* Contract supervision and quality assurance inspections as the work proceeds
* Review the site report and recommendations
* Verbal and written progress reports in English to Project Manager and Disaster Management coordinator
* Ensure that all work is in accordance with Government of Vietnam regulations and requirements
3. Selection Criteria
The individual/organization selected will have appropriate qualifications including appropriate tertiary degree(s) from a recognized university and at least 5 years proven experience in:
* Hydrologic analysis in order to asses design floods and spillway capacity
* Soil mechanics/ geotechnical engineering, such as design of earth or rock fill dams and road construction
* Design and construction of reinforced concrete structures
* Knowledge of international and/or Vietnamese dam safety standards and regulations
* Construction practices in S E Asia, preferably Vietnam.
* Able to communicate in English competently (both verbal and written)
Applicants are required to submit CV and details of relevant experience addressing selection criteria by 5pm 23 November 2007.