The Reproductive Health (RH) Program Manager will work closely with PSI’s Health Services, Product Social Marketing , Behavior Change Communication and Research teams as well as with provincial partners in Hanoi, HCMC, An Giang and Thai Nguyen to provide guidance to inform efforts to engage private sector outlets and channels to expand contraceptive choices available to underserved women including youth and rural women. The incumbent will lead efforts to build capacity and commitment among private providers—including registered private clinics and hospitals, pharmacies and midwives—to provide expanded contraceptive choices for rural women and urban youth.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of RH service delivery are consistent with national guidelines and international best practices, including overseeing the development of service delivery protocols, training and other quality assurance plans/tools, as well as provider and consumer communication to improve access to and generate informed demand for modern contraceptives, including historically underutilized options such as the injectable, implant and immediate post-partum IUD. The RH Program Manager will be responsible for championing and demonstrating the potential of the private sector outlets/providers, including non-specialists—to provide quality RH services with potential to reduce unmet need for family planning and improve the health and wellbeing of women.
- Lead the design, implementation and monitoring of RH service delivery protocols and related Quality Assurance activities (training, post-training supportive supervision and monitoring) to be utilized by private outlets/providers affiliated with PSI programming in select rural and urban provinces including registered private clinics and pharmacies, private midwives, select high volume private hospital delivery wards, etc.
- Collaborate with PSI’s health services and product social marketing departments to inform efforts to improve convenient access to contraceptive choice.
- Collaborate with PSI’s marketing department to design tools and other communication materials to build provider competency to offer a diverse range of modern contraceptive methods, and consumer demand.
- Travel regularly to the field (estimated 30-40% of time) to conduct quality assurance activities and to participate in local partnership building initiatives.
- Document RH results, activities and lessons in the format of quality reports.
- Manage subawards with provincial partners to ensure compliance with global best practices and project priorities.
- Participate in other activities as requested.
- Experience managing or contributing to RH or other maternal/child heath programming in Vietnam
- Masters degree in a relevant field
- Excellent English including written English communication skills
- Solution-oriented attitude & results-driven work style
- Expertise/prior experience in private sector approaches to improving public health outcomes an added advantage
- Knowledge of/experience providing and/or training in injectable and/or implant contraceptives an added advantage
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with a letter of interest as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than July 20, 2016 to HR Department, PSI Vietnam; Address: 11 th Floor, VINAFOR Building, 127 Lo Duc, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi; or through email:firstname.lastname@example.org; Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please do not contact via telephone. Dossiers will not be returned.