Hội Chữ Thập Đỏ Pháp đang cần tuyển 01 vị trí trợ lýcho dự án “Hỗ trợ khẩn cấp cho các nạn nhân lũ lụt đồng bằng sông Mê Kông phía Nam Việt Nam”. Thời gian làm việc dự kiến là 6 tháng, với khả năng gia hạn công việc, làm việc trên địa phận tỉnh Đồng Tháp và An Giang. Hạn cuối nhận hồ sơ là ngày 02.12.2011. Chi tiết công việc như sau:
The French Red Cross (FRC) is part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The FRC core areas of intervention are: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building.
Since 1990, the French Red Cross has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross to implement humanitarian and development activities. In consortium with the Spanish Red Cross, the French Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross are implementing a 6-month relief project in the Mekong Delta: “Emergency assistance to the vulnerable victims of the floods in the Mekong Delta, Southern Vietnam”.
In the scope of this project the FRC is looking for one dynamic and motivated Vietnamese staff for the position of Project Assistant.
2. Job description
Six month with possibility of extension. The Project Assistant will be assigned to the project on a full time basis.
The Project Assistant will be based in Dong Thap province with frequent travel to the targeted communes within the provinces of An Giang, Dong Thap and Long An.
2.3. Duties and responsibilities
The Project Assistant will work under the responsibility of the Consortium Delegate. He/She shall be responsible for assisting the Consortium Delegate and other team members in implementing and monitoring all activities of the project.
In this capacity his/her specific duties and responsibilities include:
– Ensure the daily follow up of all planned activities of the Project at the national, provincial, district and commune levels, in agreement with the Project Manager from Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) and the Consortium Delegate
-Ensure the general administrative management of the field-based project team including providing support to Consortium Delegate and other team members in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, logistic arrangement, filing, and other administrative matters)
-Ensure adequate reporting (in both English and Vietnamese) according to Consortium regulations FRC and especially follow up on the reporting of the implementing provincial VNRC chapters
-Assist in supporting, monitoring and evaluating project’s activities
-To provide translation of project documents and in meetings
-To support capacity building in the Red Cross regional branches
-To ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for use in future VNRC activities.
2.4. Minimum qualifications
– University Degree in development, social, economic studies, foreign languages or others.
– At least 2 years working in the development or humanitarian sector, and preferably within an international environment
– Experience in administrative work, interpretation and translation (English to Vietnamese and Vietnamese to English).
– Experience on organizing/facilitating training, workshop is an asset.
– Knowledge/Experience of the Red Cross movement is a strong asset.
– Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese and English
– Excellent computer skills: MS Office, e-mail, etc.
– Command of written and spoken French is an asset
Personal skills and abilities
– Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
– Good analytical and reporting skills
– Sense of initiative and responsibility
– Ability to work in team as well as independently and in stressful environment
– Ability to travel in the targeted areas (up to 70% of the time).
– Willingness to adhere to Red Cross Movement Principles.
3. Application Procedure
Interested Vietnamese candidates are requested to send:
– CV in English
– Application Letter in English
– Copies of education degree and relevant certificates
French Red Cross – Delegation in Vietnam
83A Tran Quoc Toan, 7 floor
Hoan Kiem District
Or through e-mail to:
With the following Reference: FRC_Relief 2011_PA_Your Name
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview. Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidates could be contacted before the deadline for candidatures’ submission.