CARE Việt Nam cần tuyển 1 ứng viên giàu năng lực và kinh nghiệm cho vị trí điều phối viên Chuẩn bị và ứng phó với các tình thế khẩn cấp, làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến 8 tháng 8 năm 2011.
Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organization representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organization, working with Vietnamese partners in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness.
CARE is looking for an experienced and qualified national candidate to fill the role of Emergency Preparedness and Response Coordinator (Emergency Coordinator).
Position title: Emergency Preparedness and Response Coordinator
Contract: Three years contract with potential for extension
Base in: Hanoi, with regular travel to the field
The Emergency Coordinator position provides management and technical support and quality assurance to CARE Vietnam’s emergency preparedness and response program. The Emergency Coordinator participates in relevant external networks in Vietnam and other related working groups. S/he is based in the Program Department and works as an integral part of the Country Office. The Emergency Coordinator works directly under the supervision of the Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change (DRR and CC) Program Manager, except during an emergency response when the Emergency Coordinator will become the leader of the emergency response team and will report directly to the Deputy Country Director – Program.
1. Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Ensure early warning and tracking systems for natural disasters are in place and keep senior management apprised of their potential and likely severity.
- Lead organizational preparedness for emergency responses through the participatory development/update of the Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) and the associated annual EPP action plan.
- Maintain close coordination with CARE’s finance staff to ensure emergency financial policies and processes are developed and maintained.
- Maintain close coordination with CARE’s program support staff to ensure emergency procurement and logistics policies and processes are developed and maintained.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for CARE Vietnam emergency response team (ERT) members
- Work as an integral member of the core ERT and report on progress of the annual EPP action plan.
- Participate in key CARE International regional training opportunities and related meetings.
2. Emergency Response Program Management and Coordination
- Oversight development of CARE International (CI) information mechanisms such as emergency alerts and situation reports.
- Ensure adherence to CI emergency protocols and procedures for emergency response programs.
- Support the management of all aspects of CARE’s emergency response program including assessment, development of program strategy, operations implementation and coordination with key stakeholders (including Government of Vietnam, UN, NGOS and mass organizations).
- Support the development of concepts and proposals to secure funding for CARE’s emergency response programs.
- Ensure CARE’s response is consistent with Sphere Minimum Standards and meets accountability requirements set out in the Good Enough Guide.
- Participate in relevant UN, Cluster, NGO fora and/or government meetings around an emergency response.
3. Representation and Liaison
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant Government of Vietnam departments and agencies, donors and NGOs. A particular focus of this role is the establishment and ongoing maintenance of a good relationship between CARE and its partners in Vietnam around emergency preparedness and response.
- Ensure appropriate representation of CARE in relevant program, policy, coordination and information sharing fora in Hanoi and other parts of the country.
4. From time to time, the Emergency Coordinator may be asked to take on other
duties as reasonably required related to CARE Vietnam’s disaster risk reduction
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Three to five years work experience with an INGO and demonstrated experience in emergency preparedness and response programs in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated experience in staff capacity building and skills in emergency preparedness and response.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sphere Minimum Standards, NGO/ICRC Code of Conduct and other humanitarian quality and accountability tools and frameworks.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop teams.
- Experience in organisational representation and networking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to produce high quality work, in a fast paced environment and within deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and be deployed to the field in the event of an emergency response.
- Knowledge and experience of gender integration in emergency programming.
- Successful and proven track record of managing ECHO, OFDA, DFID, AusAID and other institutional donor funding streams.
CARE International in Vietnam is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Applicants are advised that CARE International in Vietnam reserves the right to screen candidates to ensure a child-safe environment. Further information can be found in the CARE Vietnam child protection policy.
Interested candidates should send a full CV in English and stating the position title to email: email@example.com, no later than 5pm on 8 August 2011.
The short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.