Dự án Bảo tồn Voọc Cát Bà (CBLCP) tuyển cán bộ giáo dục làm việc tại Vườn Quốc gia Cát Bà (Hải Phòng). Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 22/7/2011.
Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
The “Cat Ba langur conservation project” (CBLCP), a collaboration between Münster Zoo (Germany) and the Peoples’ Committee of Hai Phong aims to conserve the critically endangered Golden-headed Langur or Cat Ba Langur.
Project activities are focused on monitoring and managing of the langur population, implementation of protection measures, capacity-building for staff of the forest protection agencies and local conservation groups, promotion of public conservation awareness and sustainable forest management practices. Recently the CBLCP started a long term education program which is focused on all secondary schools on Cat Ba island. In the last school year the CBLCP implemented lessons about the Cat Ba langur and other conservation issues for all 6th grade classes. For the 2011- 2012 school year we will continue the programs for both the 6th and 7th grades.
The CBLCP is now seeking a Vietnamese national for the position of Education Officer. The officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager / Deputy Project Manager and will cooperate with a Project Officer.
Location of work: Cat Ba National Park, Cat Ba Island, Cat Hai District, Hai Phong Province, Vietnam
The Education Officer will be involved in all aspects of the education program.
– Preparation of educational material
– Development and Implementation of the ‘Conservation Clubs’ in all secondary schools on Cat Ba island
– Cooperation with the education department of the Peoples’ Committee of Cat Hai District
– Evaluation of the education program
– Cooperation with other CBLCP assistants in their daily routine as needed:
– Assistance with project management and administration
– Assistance with the implementation of protection and conservation measures
– Coordination of community and protection forces related activities
– Production of draft reports, plans, budgets of project activities
– Translation of project documents and interpretation during meetings
– Control and management of all project and protection equipment
– Fluent in English (spoken and written)
– University degree (preferably in education related field)
– Experience in working with school children
– Good interpersonal skills
– Good knowledge of MS office software (especially Word, Excel and Access)
– Strong commitment to and interest in environmental education programs for school children
– They particularly encourage citizens of Hai Phong Province to apply.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration will be 250-300 USD per month depending upon experience. Accommodation in the
National Park will be provided free of charge.
Interested candidates send their letter of interest and a CV (both in English) by 22nd of July 2011
Cat Ba Langur Conservation Project
Mr. Rick Passaro, Project Manager