Hiệp hội khoa học và kỹ thuật Viêt Nam (VUSTA) cần tuyển cán bộ giám sát và đánh giá ( Mornitoring and Evaluating officer) cho dự án hỗ trợ phòng chống HIV/AIDS. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến ngày 25 tháng 5 năm 2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations is one of the sub-recipients of “The Global Fund supported project on HIV/AIDS”, funded by The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The target of the VUSTA’s project is to reduce the HIV/AIDS related mortality and improve the quality of life of people living with and vulnerable to HIV/AIDS in 10 provinces covered by the project via strengthening capacity and promoting the participation of civil society organizations and community in the national response to HIV/AIDS in Vietnam. The project is expected to run for five years, from 2011 through 2015.
They are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join their dynamic Global Fund Project Management Unit in Ha Noi as a M&E Officer. This is a full-time position based in Hanoi with occasional travels to project sites..
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer), VUSTA Global Fund Project Management Unit (PMU)
Reports to: Project Manager (PM), VUSTA Global Fund Project Management Unit (PMU)
The M&E Officer is expected to provide leadership in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to ensure that VUSTA and SRs provide compatible and quality data supportive of project and donor requirements. The M&E Officer is responsible for developing and implementing methodologies and standards (in line with government and donor requirements) for monitoring and evaluating project activities and improving data quality. In addition, s/he will also develop presentations and written reports based on findings.
Level of efforts and allocation
Approximately 50% of the incumbent’s time will be focused on providing technical assistance to ensure that SRs are in compliance with VUSTA and GF monitoring and evaluation requirements. The remaining 50% of the incumbent’s time will be focused on data analysis, data verification and quality assessments, report preparation and other functions in support of the overall VUSTA’s GF-9 Program.
Desired education, skills and qualities
– Masters (preferred) in social, behavioral or health sciences with practical experience in developing and implementing, monitoring and evaluation activities, preferably in the HIV/AIDS sector;
– Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, including data quality management, data verification, data collection and analysis;
– Familiar to health system in Vietnam including HIV/AIDS services and network of civil society organizations;
– Experience supporting the reporting requirements of major governmental HIV/AIDS funding sources is an asset, such as the U.S. Government or other bilateral donors, and/or the UN;
– Experience supporting civil society organizations (local NGOs, CBOs);
– Experience with monitoring, evaluation and research design, data collection and analysis, indicator construction, curriculum development and relevant computer software, i.e. database programs, qualitative and quantitative data analysis software;
– Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently;
– A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment;
– Ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively;
– Fluency in English for day-to-day communications;
– Excellent writing and presentation skills;
– Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training and mentoring;
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
– Demonstrated skills in fostering collaborative relationships across multiple organizations.
Start Date: June 2011
Salary: Based on skills and experience.
Duration: through 31 December 2012 with possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
Please send your application including a CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested and how you are suitable for this position and copies of relevant degrees (if available).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
Ms Bui Kim Tuyen
Department of Organization and Personnel
Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations
53 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
Deadline: May 25th, 2011. Only short-listed candidates are invited for interviews.