Chemonics International Inc là một công ty phát triển toàn cầu, chuyên thực hiện các khoản viện trợ cho chính phủ Mỹ, có trụ sở tại Washington, đang cần tuyển một nhân viên tư vấn cho dự án thành lập Liên minh Quốc gia Việt Nam về HIV/AIDS ở Việt Nam. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 31/12/2010.
The Project “Workplace-Based Prevention & Employment & Supportive Services for High-Risk Individuals in Vietnam”
Chemonics International, a global development firm based in Washington, DC, seeks a Microfinance and Community Support Officer for the USAID HIV Workplace Project in Vietnam to help to provide employment opportunities and services for people living with HIV/AIDS and other high-risk individuals.
Position: Microfinance/management consultant
Estimated Level of Effort: 15 days per month starting from 1st Jan to 30th Sept 2011.
USAID’s Workplace-based Prevention and Employment and Supportive Services for High-Risk Individuals in Vietnam Project (USAID HIV Workplace), is a five-year, $3 million project implemented through September 2013 by Chemonics International, Inc. under the U.S. President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The objective of the Project is to prevent HIV infection among high-risk individuals and to provide employment opportunities and economic rehabilitation services for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) and other high risk individuals (HRIs) to help reduce discrimination and stigma. To meet this objective, the Project operates within the three broad areas of workplace policies, vocational counseling and training, and microfinance. The project works with government organizations, enterprises, and communities to promote the integration of
effective prevention and support activities for workers in high risk working environments.
One of the key components of the Project is to expand access to employment services to PLHIV/HRIs in order to accelerate their economic rehabilitation. Microfinance is a key element of the economic rehabilitation strategy. Developing microfinance as a viable and sustainable mechanism for economic strengthening of PLHIV/HRIs by mainstreaming HIV into micro-finance institutes and banks is a key project strategy during fiscal year 2010 (starting in October 2010). The focus will be on improving access of PLHIV and HRIs to integrated HIV/AIDS services and micro-finance services through linking Vietnam Bank for
Social Policy with FHI and a Business development organization (Biz organization) in order to complement microfinance services with other social support services for PLHIV and HRI clients.
The incumbent in this position will work in close collaboration with other project staff, partners, and sub-contractors in Ho Chi Minh city to provide coordinating service and ensure a smooth and effective provision of microfinance services provided by Vietnam Bank for Social Policy (VBSP) to PLHIV/RDUs.
1. Work with concerned partners based on a participatory approach, and coordinate activities among implementing agencies and their local partners related to the project (VBSP, FHI, Biz organization) to ensure timely and effective provision of micro-
finance services to PLHIV/RDU in HCMC.
2. Assist in preparing terms of reference and budget estimates for related workshops and trainings based on proposals and on discussion with partners using participatory methods.
3. Assit in preparing monthly payment request and financial reports for submision to the funding agency.
4. Collect data, information and support to prepare reports on microfinance activities by VBSP, including success stories, assessment reports, and monthly progress reports.
5. Provide administration support to VBSP in organization of trainings/workshops and meetings
6. Support monitoring consultancies to ensure project activities are effectively implemented and are in accordance with project goals and USAID regulations.
7. Maintain the organization of plans and reports related to projects and programs, keeping program and project administration in order.
8. Participate in technical meetings, trainings and workshops related to the areas of responsibility.
9. Share experience, knowledge and skills with other staff members .
10. Travel outside HCMC as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in finance or other relevant area.
• At least three years experience working in the area of microfinance
• Experience working with VBSP is prefered.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability or willingness to communicate and work with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to perform well with minimal supervision.
• Present a professional demeanor and exercise professional judgment.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments; capable of making decisions which will foster timely work completion.
• Willing and ability to travel domestically.
• Strong English language skills is preferred.
The position will be based in HCM branch of VBSP and report directly to the Microfinance and CSR Coordinator and VBSP leader who is responsible for this pilot project.
Instructions for Application:
Send CVs and expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December, 2010.
Please visit www.chemonics.com for more information about our company.
Finalists will be contacted.