Hiệp hội Bảo tồn Động vật hoang dã (WCS) cần tuyển cán bộ dự án, làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 03/12/2010.
Are you a motivated Vietnamese person who loves wildlife and wants to help protect and restore Vietnam’s biodiversity? Do you feel that new creative approaches to conservation are desperately needed? If so then we want you to join our team!
WCS has built a team of like-minded, dedicated Vietnamese and international people who are committed to wildlife conservation. We are developing pioneering and innovative solutions to the massive challenge of fighting illegal hunting and wildlife trade in Vietnam and we need more people!
If you think you have what it takes – keep reading…
Job title: Program Officer
Start date: January 1st 2011
The trade in wildlife products in Asia in the form of meat, pets, trophies, and medicine is escalating at an alarming rate. This unprecedented boom is due to a combination of factors, including habitat loss; road-building that links forests to markets; a growing human population; growing urban wealth; and commercial trade across the region that is increasingly well organized, though often illegal.
WCS is addressing this issue through scientific assessments and working closely with partners in applying practical solutions on the ground. Through in-depth knowledge and sensitivity to complex issues, we propose solutions that address the symptoms and underlying causes of the intense increase in hunting and wildlife trade while also supporting the livelihoods of rural communities.
Main duty station:
· 50% time on surveys/training throughout Vietnam
Scope of work:
The Program Officer will provide technical inputs to all WCS program activities. This will include assessments of the wildlife trade in Vietnam, development of activities and resources to improve enforcement of national laws and international treaties.
· Carry out field and desk research into the dynamics of wildlife trade in Vietnam and provide high quality written technical reports in English and Vietnamese
· Assist in the development and delivery of wildlife crime law enforcement training exercises
· Carry out reviews of wildlife crime law enforcement effectiveness and strategies and provide realistic and practical ecommendations for improvements
· Development of resources to improve the monitoring and enforcement of wildlife trade
· Provision of interpretation and written translation to support program activities
· Assistance to logistical and administration support for program activities
Above all else, this position is for a Vietnamese national with a passion and dedication for wildlife conservation.
In addition, candidates with the following competencies are preferred:
· University degree in a related field
· Good English and Vietnamese language skills
· At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position with an international organization or NGO.
· Work experience in the environment/development sector or law enforcement agency
· Knowledge on illegal trafficking of wildlife or other black market commodities (e.g. humans, narcotics, weapons)
· Experience in financial/staff management, fundraising and donor reporting
· Ability and experience with relevant government agencies, donors and other partners
· Advanced computer skills (e.g. Statistics programs, GIS)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, contact details for 2 references to:
Miss Pham Thi Minh– Country Finance/HR Manager
Wildlife Conservation Society- Vietnam Program
1302, Thanh Cong tower, 57 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel/Fax: +84 (0) 4 3514 9750/16- Ext 10
Deadline for Applications: December 3rd 2010
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted