Abt Associates cần tuyển Quản lý dự án. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 05/11/2010.
Job Title: Project M anager – Poultry Supply Chains (02 positions- one in the North, one in the South)
USAID’ s “ Avian and Pandemic Influenza Initiative” aims to strengthen Vietnam’ s public and private capacities to prevent, rapidly detect, and respond to avian and pandemic influenza (API) and other zoonotic threats; and to begin preparing for a possible human influenza pandemic. The technical focus of the project (with special emphasis on USAID’ s focus provinces of Hung Yen, Ha Nam, Quang Tri, Can Tho and Kien Giang) includes: (1) Prevention of AI transmission among animals; (2) Prevention of AI transmission to and among humans; (3) Development of pilot activities to improve bio-security practices and overall supply chain bio-security, including adapting and expanding model rural slaughterhouses; and (4) Improved quality of human case management and infection control.
The Project Manager – Poultry Supply Chains, supervised by the Technical Director for Animal Health, will design and manage poultry supply chain risk reduction and private sector strengthening activities.
• In collaboration with relevant public and private sector stakeholders help identify key poultry supply chains and high risk nodes for project interventions incl. in new districts and provinces.
• Together with public and private sector stakeholders, identify appropriate technical interventions and risk reduction measures in high risk nodes along the selected poultry supply chains.
• Facilitate the development and deployment of risk reduction plans and measures (incl. technical protocols) in selected supply chains.
• Support the upgrading of physical facilities and human resource capacity for improved bio-security/bio-safety measures and practices.
• Facilitate the preparation and implementation of business plans for selected small-medium poultry supply enterprises.
• Manage the development and implementation of a risk reduction training program for relevant stakeholders.
• Facilitate and guide supply chain model demonstrations, for wider adoption and replication.
• Ensure proper integration and coordination of human health concerns and BCC inputs into all supply chain risk reduction activities.
• Support the collection and analysis of relevant data for ongoing M& E, learning, and adjustment.
• Help ensure that cultural and cross-cultural issues are addressed appropriately as they apply to the risk reduction process.
• One or more university degrees in areas such as Livestock Health/Production, Agricultural Economics, Business Management/Development or other relevant fields.
• At least 4 years of professional and practical experience in relevant areas such as provision of livestock services, small-medium enterprise business development, supply chain/value chain strengthening, market-oriented research/development,
• Superior writing, research, and presentation skills.
• Able to produce results within tight deadlines.
• Fluency in English.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Internet resources.
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills.
• Good team player and able to work independently.
• Ability and desire to undertake frequent field travel.
Please submit a letter of interest and a recent Curriculum Vitae by email to the following address: Hr@abtvn.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submission is preferred, however, documents can also be mailed or delivered to:
Attn: Application for Project M anager – Poultry Supply Chains in the North/or in the South
72 Xuan Dieu, 2nd floor, Tay Ho District Hanoi, Vietnam
Deadline for submission: November 5, 2010