Tổ chức Hội ngộ Đông Tây (EMW) cần tuyển Cán bộ chương trình, làm việc tại TPHCM. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 15/6/2010.
The East Meets West Foundation (EMW) is “the foundation for learning, healing and health”. Founded in 1988, EMW has a 22-year track record of innovative and effective work in
East Meets West is seeking to fill 1 position with highly qualified Vietnamese National candidate:
1 Program Officer (Based in
1. Engineering Design Support:
– Work with EMWF design team and advisors to develop best practice design for water and sanitation projects.
– Collaborate with internal EMWF staff to facilitate effective communication between offices.
– Some minor design may be required depending on the project officers ability, however it is expected that over time the skill level of the P.O. will develop so that more independent design decisions will be able to be made, especially in the field.
– Minor drafting tasks using Autocad.
2. Field Work:
– Undertake site visits to inspect quality of work and adherence to project scope.
– Communicate project conditions and requirements to project partners.
– Communicate changes and problems of projects to other Water team members.
– Some of the field work will be undertaken alone so ability to work independently is important.
– Manage project partner expectations through effective communication and good relationship building.
– Work with EMWF and external designers to improve the quality of EMWF projects.
– Prepare site visit reports and project close out reports.
– Accompany EMWF staff and advisors on field trips, translating where necessary.
– Undertake screening interviews with prospective project partners.
– Undertake customer satisfaction surveys with rural community households.
3. Program Management:
– Ensure project documentation is filled in conjunction with HCMC office requirements.
– Work with the senior project officer and Clean Water advisor to ensure project schedules are budgets are met.
– Help in the preparation of program progress reporting
Required Qualifications and Attributes
- University degree in Mechanical, Environmental or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 1-3 years relevant work experience in project work, preferably in Water and Sanitation.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Autocad.
- Possess professional attitude and diligence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced liaison and networking skills, sound analytical skills.
- Proficiency with written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Able to work independently as well as work in a team.
- Able to work under pressure and deadline
- Be willing to travel away from home as required for periods of up to one week.
Salary and benefits will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
The deadline for the above position is June 15, 2010. All interested candidates are welcome to contact and submit their applications to: EAST MEETS WEST FOUNDATION –