The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health là tổ chức chuyên đào tạo về y tế cộng đồng, thực hiện các dự án cải thiện sức khỏe và phòng chống bệnh tật. Hiện đơn vị đang phối hợp với Trung tâm Y tế dự phòng Thái Nguyên thực hiện dự án nghiên cứu về mối quan hệ giữa các hành vi xã hội trong việc giảm thiểu rủi ro cho các bệnh nhân nhiễm HIV và tiêm chích ma túy. Đơn vị đang có nhu cầu tuyển trợ lý dự án cho chương trình này. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 30/11/2009.
Description of the Project
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health is hiring the best, brightest, and most committed individuals to help us carry out a new, exciting research study entitled Accept Project which is a Randomized Controlled Trial Among Vietnamese HIV-Positive Injection Drug Users”.
In collaboration with the Thai Nguyen Center for Preventive Medicine, the 5-year randomized controlled trial will be conducted in Thai Nguyen province, Vietnam, to examine the efficacy of a multilevel social-behavioral intervention in reducing HIV risks among HIV-infected injection drug users (IDUs). At the structural level, the intervention consists of community-based stigma reduction programs; at the individual level it consists of posttest counseling sessions and skill-building support groups for HIV-infected IDUs. We will conduct ethnographic research, conduct a baseline survey, enroll participants, implement the intervention and follow participants for 2 years after enrollment.
Position: Project Assistant
Location: Based in Hanoi, frequent traveling between Hanoi and Thai Nguyen.
Scope of work and responsibilities:
a) Scope of work:
– To assist the Project Officers and Project Coordinator in project activities
– Works directly in a team with the Program Officers, Program Coordinator in the overall activities of ACCEPT project.
b) Main task:
– Under the supervision of the project Officer to Monitor and supervise project activities in study site related to:
– Monitoring Community mobilizers’ activities
– Monitoring quality of Video screening
– Assist project officer to assess quality of community intervention
– Monitoring recruiting activities
c) Other tasks:
– Facilitating in organizing and preparing training courses
– Assisting to enter quality assessments and report results to Project Officers
– Translating documents from Vietnamese to English and vice versa when required as well as supporting Project Officers to edit project documents.
– Supporting Project Coordinator when required.
– Performing other related duties as assigned
d) Travelling time accounts for 40%
e) Reporting to: Project Officers
Requirement for position:
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social science, epidemiology, public health, or medicine.
• 01 year of specialized experience in field of public health
• Good in English and excellent in writing and speaking Vietnamese
• Good in using Microsoft Office
• Experience working in fields of injection drug users and/or HIV/AIDS is a plus.
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive salary
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send an application letter and CV by mail or email to the below address before November 30, 2009:
Le Thuc Anh (Ms)
The 2nd floor, No 4, Lane 218
Thai Ha street
Dong Da District
– We will acknowledge recipient of your application, and will contact those applicants who are shortlisted.
Posting Date: November 14, 2009
Closing Date: November 30, 2009