Dự án VIE/02/001 và EMPCD do UNDP (Chương trình phát triển Liên Hiệp Quốc) tài trợ cho chính phủ Việt Nam để thực hiện Chương trình mục tiêu Quốc gia về xoá đói giảm nghèo, đang cần tuyển Phó Giám đốc dự án làm việc tại văn phòng ở Hà Nội và có thể phải đi công tác vùng núi. Hạn cuối nộp hồ sơ là 24/01/2009. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Deputy National Project Manager
Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
As part of the cooperation between the Government of Vietnam (GoV) and United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in poverty reduction, especially for ethnic minority and mountainous areas, UNDP is supporting GoV through the Committee for Ethnic Minorities (CEM) under a technical assistance project for Improvement and Implementation of the National Target Programs for Poverty Reduction including support to Program 135-II (SEDEMA 2006 – 2010), usually called IE/02/001/SEDEMA
component and a newly set up project of Capacity Strengthening for Ethnic Minority Policy Formulation, Implementation and Monitoring Project (EMPCD) from 2008 – 2012.
Main objectives of the projects are to provide technical assistance for CEM in Program 135-II implementation and strengthen capacity of staff from CEM and provincial Departments of Ethnic Minority (DEM) in selected provinces (Lai Chau, Quang
National Project Management Unit (VIE02001/SEDEMA and EMPCD projects) is looking for a Deputy National Project Manager working in the National PMU office in
The DNPM will assist the NPM in day-to-day management and implementation of project activities related to the Programme 135 II (2006-2010) and EMPCD (2008-2012), ensuring that all project planned activities will be implemented on time and with good quality and compliant with UNDP/NEX policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities of the DNPM working for two projects are as follows:
1. In coordination with National/Provincial Technical Coordinators (NTC and PTC) to prepare, monitor and update annual and quarterly project workplans and budgets, with assistance from the International Senior Technical Advisor (STA), NTC, PTC and supervision of the NPM.
2. Work with the NTC, PTC and STA to define needs from the government agencies for technical assistance in order to draft and finalize Terms of References (TORs) for consultants (national and international) and contractors for different project activities defined in the annual and quarterly workplans.
3. Work with the NTC, PTC and STA to prepare project annual and quarterly progress reports based on results of project implementation and advise the NPM on follow-up actions for different issues identified by consultants, contractors and government agencies.
4. Support the NPM in organization of Annual Project Review/tri-parties review and other regular and ad-hoc review meetings when necessary, in cooperation with and assistance from PMA, MOLISA and UNDP.
5. In coordination with NTC and PTC to monitor and support the implementation of project activities by consultants or contractors ensuring timeliness and quality of their outputs at national level and 3 pilot provinces;
6. Regularly report to the NPM and NPD, and relevant members, if authorized, on project implementation progress, with issues and suggestions when required; 2/4
7. Manage project financial system and financial reports ensuring that these are in compliance with NEX guidelines and regulation.
8. On behalf of NPM, be directly responsible for managing all project physical resources (e.g. office equipments, facilities, premises, filling, etc.) and ensure that such equipments and facilities provided by project are regularly maintained in good working conditions.
9. Undertake other tasks required by the NPM.
Reporting line: The DNPM will report directly to the NPM, and only to the DNPD
and the PMU when required.
Salary range level: 1000 – 1300USD gross
Master degree in either economics, agricultural, rural or social sciences. At least 5 year working experiences in management of foreign funded projects Have a good understanding of and working experiences with governmental systems and poverty
Prior experience with P135 and ethnic minority policy formulation is an asset. Good working experiences in planning, rural development, policies, other poverty reduction programmes in the ethnic minorities areas; Good organizational and managerial skills;
Ability to motivate and lead team members and create openness for learning; Able to travel to ethnic minority and mountainous areas and work under high-pressure; Proficiency in both spoken and written English skills, communication skills and implementation arrangements.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter with mentioning clearly interested position and detailed CV (in English and Vietnamese) and notarized copies of relevant degrees/certificates to the address below no later than 24 January, 2009.
Văn phòng Dự án VIE02001/SEDEMA và EMPCD
Số 12, ngõ 32A, phố Sơn Tây, Hà Nội, Việt
Tel (84-4) 7347323
Deadline: Saturday 5:00 PM, January 24th, 2009