UNDP cần tuyển Cán bộ bảo tồn làm việc ở Côn Đảo – Bà Rịa, Vũng Tàu. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 21/03/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Job Description for Project Conservation Officer (CO)
Title: Conservation Officer
Duration: 14 months (recruited, full-time)
Duty Station: Con Dao, BR-VT province, Viet Nam
Reporting line: Report directly to the Project Manager (PM)
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will work closely with technical experts, consultants and sub-contractors in undertaking all technical work in the project document, including the following specific tasks.
1. Take the lead role in supporting staff of Con Dao National Park in the implementation of the new CDNP Management Plan. Coordinate project inputs managed by the PMU and by WWF that contribute to the biodiversity conservation programme detailed in the Management Plan (monitoring, protection and enforcement activities). Support the staff of the CDNP in annual review and revision of the implementation of the Management Plan, required revisions, and annual work planning and budgeting.
2. Facilitate the training of Government/CDNP staff in skills required for implementation of the Management Plan, including particularly ecological/biodiversity monitoring and the analysis of indicators related to marine and coastal resources.
3. Serve as a main point of contact between the Community Consultation Group, CDNP and the PMU to ensure community involvement in all the aspects of project implementation. Take particular responsibility for supporting the CCG in the implementation and monitoring of MPA protection agreements, and in ensuring the linkage between alternative income generation benefits and improved protection of natural resources.
4. Provide support to the CDNP, communities and other stakeholders in implementing (i) a project communication strategy; (ii) a conservation and environmental education programme for park-visitors; and (iii) an awareness and advocacy programme on marine and costal biodiversity conservation. This includes
• Support project consultants in re-surveys of conservation awareness among the community and other stakeholders as a guide to implementation of the above.
• Facilitate the production of conservation awareness materials (booklets, posters, etc.).
• Facilitate the training of selected CDNP staff in conservation education/ awareness extension techniques.
5. Facilitate and provide support to the CDNP and Con Dao district in the development and implementation of: (i) a Con Dao Sustainable Tourism Strategy and (ii) a CDNP Ecotourism Master Plan. Pay particular attention to supporting the CDNP and district in monitoring compliance to regulations for tourism development.
6. Take a lead role in supporting the CDNP and consultants in the development of a Sustainable Financing Mechanism for Con Dao National Park, including the development of regulations for fund management.
• University degree in biology, environmental science, or other relevant subject and at least 4 years experience in ecological assessment, ecological monitoring and biodiversity conservation.
• Sound experience in scientific research/surveys in connection with biodiversity conservation and the sustainable management of natural resources.
• Strong analytical skills; the ability to address issues at both a broad strategic level and at the implementation level.
• Well-developed interpersonal and team working/building skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese; knowledge of English would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of computer application software (windows, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, power-point, email and internet).
• Knowledge and experiences in development and conservation and/or marine and coastal projects would be an advantage