WHO cần tuyển Cán bộ kỹ thuật làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 13/01/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Title: Technical Officer
(Avian and Pandemic Influenza), National Professional Officer
Deadline for applications: 13 JANUARY 2008
Contract type: Fixed-term appointment
Duration: Post of limited duration
Duty Station: HANOI Viet Nam
Organizational Unit: WPRO
Regional Office for the Western Pacific WHO Representative, Viet Nam Objectives of the Programme
The primary objective of the Avian and Pandemic Influenza Joint Government / United Nations System Program (JP) is to reduce the health risk to humans from avian influenza by controlling the disease at source in domestic poultry, by early detection and response to human cases, and by preparing for the medical consequences of a human influenza pandemic.
The JP’s purpose is to reduce the risk of a global influenza pandemic emanating from Viet Nam and enhance national and local capacity to manage outbreaks of diseases of epidemic potential caused by human and animal pathogens – through support to implementation of the Viet Nam Integrated National Operational Programme for Avian and Human Influenza, 2006-2010 (OPI)
The JP is now in Phase II, reflecting the ongoing transition in Viet Nam from emergency activities to a medium-term response to avian and pandemic influenza. WHO, in collaboration with other UN system agencies (FAO, UNICEF and UNDP) provides technical assistance to the Government of Viet Nam in all aspects of their implementation of the OPI.
De scri ption of duties
Under the supervision of the Communicable Disease and Surveillance Response (CSR) Team Leader and the guidance of the WHO Representative, Viet Nam, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Assist Ministry of Health counterparts to develop detailed work plans for influenza activities funded by the Joint Plan (JP) directly and through WHO;
2. Closely support and advise counterparts to monitor progress and to facilitate timely implementation of these work plans;
3. Identify potential problems in implementation at an early stage and work to prevent or resolve these problems in partnership with counterparts and in consultation with first level supervisor;
4. Identify opportunities for collaboration between the JP activities and those of other related projects;
5. Participate and actively contribute to technical and programme management meetings of the JP;
6. Prepare regular activity and financial reports for the JP and for WHO; and
7. Perform other duties as assigned by first level supervisor and WHO Representative.
Essential: Medical degree from a recognized university or equivalent professional training.
Desirable: Post-graduate training in public health, communicable diseases, and or management.
– Communicating in a credible and effective way
– Producing results
– Fostering integration and teamwork
– Respecting and promoting cultural and individual differences
– Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Broad knowledge and practical experience of public health programmes in Viet Nam, particularly in the area of communicable disease control. Experience in developing and implementing large-scale public health programmes. Experience with the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of complex public health programme work plans. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high standards of personal conduct.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with governmental officials.
Essential: Two years of experience in public health programmes, including experience with public health work plan development and reporting. Experience in working with government.
Desirable: Experience in working with UN agencies and other nongovernmental organizations in Viet Nam.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written Vietnamese and English. Knowledge of French an advantage.
Please apply by sending applications to:
World Health Organization
63 Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi, Viet Nam OR WHOemail@example.com
Post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the office. Any extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.