Hiện nay CARE Việt Nam đang cần tuyển Cố vấn kỹ thuật làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 23/11/2007. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Position title: Technical Adviser – Bai Dang Reservoir
Reporting to: Hanoch Barlevi, Disaster Management Coordinator
Based: Hanoi, Viet Nam – with frequent travel to project site
Duration: 5 months, December 2007 to April 2008
CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organisation representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation, working with Vietnamese partners in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for experienced and qualified individual or organisation for a consultancy to provide technical advice on the repair and rehabilitation of the Bai Dang Reservoir in Thach Thanh District, Thanh Hoa Province. The individual or organisation will have the necessary skills and experience to oversee the design, construction and management of this project. The working base for this consultancy is in Hanoi and contract duration is from December 2007 – April 2008. Total number of working days and contract terms will be negotiated with successful applicant.
1. Key activities and expected outputs
* Develop a detailed workplan
* Review the site report and recommendations
* Review the current proposed design including design floods and spillway capacity, geotechnical and structural design as well as drawings and specifications. All design should comply with Vietnamese standards for dam safety
* Review tender recommendations, selection of contractor and proposed construction method
* Contract supervision and quality assurance inspections as the work proceeds
* Verbal and written progress reports in English to Project Manager and Disaster Management coordinator
* Ensure that all work is in accordance with Government of Vietnam regulations and requirements
2. Selection Criteria
The individual/organization selected will have appropriate qualifications including appropriate tertiary degree(s) from a recognized university and at least 10 years proven experience in:
* Hydrologic analysis in order to asses design floods and spillway capacity
* Soil mechanics/ geotechnical engineering, such as design of earth or rock fill dams and road construction
* Design and construction of reinforced concrete structures
* Knowledge of international and/or Vietnamese dam safety standards and regulations
* Construction practices in S E Asia, preferably Vietnam.
Full terms of reference for the position are available by email request to
Interested persons should send a full English CV stating the position apply to email: email@example.com by 5pm 23 November 2007.