Hiện nay UNESCO Hà nội đang cần tuyển Cán bộ chương trình-Trợ lý quốc gia về vấn đề Giáo dục và HIV. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 31/10/2007. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
National Assistant-Programme Officer on HIV and Education
Duration: 15 November 2007 – 15 March 2008 (4 months) with possible extension
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2007, 17h00
Background / rationale:
The UNESCO Office in Vietnam is a country office based in Hanoi. The programme focuses on Education for All (EFA) and preservation of cultural heritage. UNESCO assistance extends in the area of natural science and communication and information.
In the field of HIV and AIDS UNESCO aims to strengthen culturally appropriate, scientifically and strategically sound education sector responses to HIV in Viet Nam.
Purpose of the function of the National Programme Officer: To assist in delivering UNESCO?s results in the Joint Programme on HIV in the area of education.
UNESCO?s overarching goal is to support Member States to have the most effective response to HIV and AIDS in all the sectors in which it works. The priority is to prevent the spread of HIV through education, and to protect the core functions of the education system from the worst effects of the epidemic, drawing on the strengths and resources of all of UNESCO?s sectors.
1. In Viet Nam, UNESCO has been working closely with national authorities, the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and other key education sector stakeholders, ministries and sectors, including bilateral agencies and civil society groups. The aim is to implement comprehensive, scaled-up education programmes on HIV and AIDS in both formal and non-formal education and ensure that the education sector is fully engaged in and contributing to the national response to the epidemic.
UNESCO and its partners support the further integration of HIV and AIDS into the education sector in national policy frameworks and guidance, in curriculum and learning materials, in educator training and support, and in policy management and systems.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the overall direction of the Head of Office and direct supervision of the Education Programme Specialist, and in close collaboration with other colleagues working on HIV and AIDS, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
Establish close collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Training, national and international education sector agencies and experts in developing and implementing appropriate actions in HIV education;
Assist Ministry of Education and Training to implement and monitor UNESCO supported HIV programmes;
Assist in identifying and formulating extra-budgetary projects in HIV education in line with the Joint UN Programme on HIV that is being developed, assist in mobilizing partnerships and assist in monitoring of and reporting on ongoing projects;
Research, collect, analyze, synthesize and organize dissemination of information on HIV education;
Assist in liaising with other national, provincial and international partners;
Perform English-Vietnamese translation and interpretation as required and supervise translation performed by other office staff;
Perform other tasks in the area of HIV and AIDS as deemed appropriate by the Representative and Head of UNESCO and the Education Programme Specialist.
– University degree in pedagogy, education, social sciences or a related discipline;
– At least 3-4 years experience in setting up, implementing, monitoring or evaluating social development programmes, or equivalent experience working in the education sector;
– Knowledge about the national government structure, national social policies, the work of our in-line ministries (in particular MOET), and the work of international organizations/donor community in Viet Nam is an asset;
– Knowledge of and experience with innovative and participatory teaching and learning methods;
– Good knowledge of HIV related issues and working experience in HIV programmes/projects is an asset;
– Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
– A high level of proficiency in verbal and written English and fluency in Vietnamese;
– Good knowledge of computer management and application computer office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point);
– A supportive attitude towards people living with HIV.
Interested persons should fill out and submit a UNESCO Curriculum Vitae downloadable at www.unesco.org.vn (or available at the UNESCO Office from 8am to 11am) with a recent photograph attached, in an envelope marked: Application ? Assistant-Programme Officer on HIV and Education, to
UNESCO Hanoi office or email to: email@example.com
23 Cao Ba Quat Street Hanoi
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. No telephone contact please.
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2007, 17h00