FPSC (Foundation for the Social Promotion of Culture) tuyển Quản lý dự án CDP (Kế hoạch phát triển cộng đồng tại Hòa Bình). Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến ngày 25 tháng 5 năm 2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
This is a Hanoi based position but requires frequent travel to the project area in Ngoc Son – Ngo Luong Nature Reserve – Tan Lac and Lac Son district, Hoa Binh, and provinces around the project area. The project will provide a free accommodation to this position in Hoa Binh province and in the Nature Reserve during the project lifespan.
Direct Supervisor: Project Co-Director and Project Management Unit (PMU)
Duties and responsibilities
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate all elements of project implementation in relation to the CDP’s (Commune Development Plans, mainly related to Agricultural, Husbandry, Forestry and Social development) activities between the stakeholders and staff of the project, to liaise among project team (including Commune Facilitators), local people, local authorities and Forest Protection Department officials participating in the project, and other relevant institutions and individuals to ensure and facilitate the effective and efficient implementation of project activities, especially everything related to the CDP’s.
The CDP project officer will have the following duties and responsibilities
1. To make the mechanism with the PMU to implement, supervise and evaluate the CDP’s activities implemented by the project.
2. To coordinate all CDP`s activities monthly with the project coordinator, Commune Facilitators and FPD staff and stakeholders; including other project which are being developing in the project area;
3. To establish links and relationships with key individuals and institutions to create a supportive network and framework in which the CDP’s and other activities of the project will be done in the coming time.
4. To look for markets opportunities for the products produced and made by local people in the Ngoc Son Ngo Luong Nature Reserve;
5. To make a monthly progress report on the CDP’s activities done in English and Vietnamese version;
6. To assist the project implementation team and partner with the development of work plans and associated budgets for the implementation not only the CDP’s activities but also the rest of project activities.
7. To assist in preparations for and facilitation of stakeholder meetings and Steering Committee meetings.
8. To act as assistance to the Project Co-Director.
9. To accompany the Project Co-Director and other project team members and consultants in the field to act as translator and advisor during meetings.
10. To assist the Project Co-Director and the Provincial Project Director with any task related to the implementation of the project that may be reasonably requested by them.
11. To translate documents and act as translator during meetings.
12. To provide the Project Co-Director and the Provincial Project Director with information on regulations, decisions and legal decrees relevant to project activities and approaches.
– Degree qualification in a relevant subject (rural development/agro-forestry, natural resource management, etc);
– More than 3 years relevant and practical field experience working with ethnic minority communities
– Dynamic and highly motivated, able to manage complex sets of tasks, and function independently;
– Good practical experience of Participatory Rural Appraisal and other local-level participatory methods of assessment and monitory;
– Familiarity with agro-forestry management planning and forest policy in Vietnam especially in relation to protected area management and community-based forest management.
– Demonstrated appreciation of traditional systems of natural resource management;
– Strong communicators, understand and believe in participatory processes, and will work well with a range of stakeholders from farmers and community members to provincial officials and Forest Protection Department staff.
– Good spoken and written English and fluent Vietnamese;
– Free to travel to field frequently.
A one page covering letter should specify the position being applied for and highlight why the candidate feels they are the right person for the job. A CV detailing professional experience and relevant qualifications should be provided, and three references.
Interested candidates should respond by email to the Project Co-Director, Mr Jaime Armenteros at email@example.com. The position being applied for should be indicated in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 25th May, 2011.
FPSC regrets that due to the large number of expected applications, only applicants being called for interview will be responded to.