Abt Associates Inc. cần tuyển Quản lý truyền thông. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 15/12/2010.
Job Title: Strategic Communications Manager for USAIDs Avian and Pandemic Influenza Initiative in Ha Noi
USAID’s Avian and Pandemic Influenza Initiative (APII), implemented by Abt Associates Inc., aims to strengthen Vietnam’s public and private capacities to prevent, rapidly detect, and respond to avian and pandemic influenza (API) and other infectious and zoonotic threats; and to begin preparing for a possible human influenza pandemic. The technical focus of the project (with special emphasis on USAID’s focus provinces of Can Tho, Ha Nam, Hung Yen, Kien Giang and Quang Tri) includes: (1) Prevention of AI transmission among animals; (2) Prevention of AI transmission to and among humans; (3) Development of
pilot activities to improve biosecurity practices and overall supply chain biosecurity, including adapting and expanding model rural slaughterhouses; and (4) Improved quality of human case management and infection control.
The Technical Specialist 11 / Strategic Communications Manager, under the supervision of the Technical Director for Behavior Change Communications (BCC) will be responsible for managing APII’s advocacy strategy and enhancing the project’s external profile.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the development and implementation of APII’s advocacy strategy in close collaboration with Technical Directors and the Project Director.
• Work with the different Directors to implement the project’s press relations plan including development of practical and useable technical and policy briefs, newsletters, and others as needed.
• Support the Technical Directors in promoting good practices/approaches/models with government agencies and international development partners.
• Help provide inputs to and represent the project in relevant technical and policy working groups/forums.
• Support the development of MoUs/agreements with central level and other relevant agencies. Maintain a summary calendar of APII activities and events for sharing and coordination with national and international partners.
• Provide inputs into project work plans and progress reports.
• Develop and manage APII’s website in collaboration with Abt headquarter staff and consultants.
• Provide inputs to other relevant public and private stakeholders’ websites and outreach systems for further dissemination and information-sharing.
• Adhere to all relevant USAID branding, marking, media relations and communications requirements.
B. Skills/Knowledge Required:
• Masters Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Administration, Management, Public Health, Animal Health, or other relevant field.
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
• Proven track record in strategic planning and program implementation.
• A thorough understanding of Vietnamese public sector structures, systems and decision-making processes.
• An established network with key Vietnamese government authorities is desireable.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills.
• High level of proficiency in both Vietnamese and English.
• Experience in graphics design, desktop publishing, and website management is considered an advantage.
Please submit a letter of interest and a recent Curriculum Vitae by email to the following address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submission is preferred, however, documents can also be mailed or delivered to:
Application for Strategic Communications Manager
Attn: Abt Associates Inc., Rep Office in Hanoi
2nd floor, 72 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho District Hanoi, Vietnam
Deadline for application: December 15, 2010