CARE tuyển quản lý dự án hợp phần biến đổi khí hậu, làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến ngày 11-12-2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organization representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organization, working with Vietnamese partners in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for an experienced and qualified Vietnamese to fill in Climate Change Component Manager Position.
Position title: Climate Change Component Manager
Reporting to: Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Program Manager
Number of employees: 2
Contract: Two years contract with potential for extension
Base in: Ha Noi and travel to project site as required
Climate Change Component (component 5) is a component under the Socio-Economic Inclusion in Sustainable Development for Ethnic Minorities in Northern Vietnam (CASI III) with a program goal of Ethnic minorities in northern Vietnam are enabled to determine and realise their own equitable and sustainable development, with dignity. CASI III has five operational components: Civil Society Strengthening, Ethnic Minority Rights and Voice, Natural Resources Governance, Sustainable Services for Economic Development, and Coping with Disaster and Climate Change. The main purpose of this component is to “reduce the negative impacts of climate variability and change on poor and vulnerable people with a focus on minority groups in northern Vietnam and build their adaptive capacity to the impacts of Climate Change”.
To achieve its goal the component will focus on reducing their vulnerability to unexpected shocks through building ethnic minority community capacities to reduce risks and cope with disaster and adapt to the changing climate in the northern mountain provinces. Capacity building to integrate climate change (CC) adaptation and disaster risk reduction into community development plans will be organised using the most updated toolkits, guidelines and approaches for integrating climate change into the area projects of CASI III located in 5 provinces where other components will be conducted. This component will also work with the NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG) and CARE in Vietnam to build capacity for CC adaptation and to share information and advocate for support to adaptation in Vietnams northern mountainous areas
The Component also aims at contribution to implementation of CARE in Vietnam Climate Change Strategy. CARE in Vietnam recognises climate change poses significant challenges in Vietnam’s development and has developed a Climate Change strategy to respond. The strategy focuses on four areas of adaptation, mitigation, advocacy and organisational change.
Support or directly responsible for CASI strategy development and implementation. Provide strategic directions to the component team and partners to ensure the implementation of the component is in line with the component document and all relevant CASI III program/the component strategies, CARE’s values, principles and guidelines. Lead the component team to work as a part of overall CASI III program. Balance effort between support to focused adaptation work in ethnic minority areas, to CARE Vietnam capacity and actions, to NGO coordinated activity including advocacy. This will involve communication and coordination of climate change issues of ethnic minority people with the CARE in Vietnam program staff and a wide range of national and international stakeholders. Play an integral role in the development of new climate change projects. Overall management of the component including financial, programmatic and partnership management, monitoring and evaluation.
1. Program coordination and management
– Lead the CDCC component 5 strategic direction and ensure the component promotes development of the core content, concepts, strategies, goals and outputs in the component document, program and focus on different ethnic minority groups, women and civil society organisations.
– Ensure strategic planning with partners and other related components, resolving problems as needed.
– Design strategies and systems for implementing the component
– Ensure desired quality and management of the project including systematic planning, budgets and management, M+E, reporting, contracts, staff and partner staff management, etc.
– Ensure methods and approaches are in line with CARE principles, CC strategy, CASI III program document and component document.
– Identify need and prepare TOR for consultant inputs and development of new partnerships/area projects.
– Ensure reporting is timely, complete and in line with the requirements and needs of donors, CARE, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
– Line manage two CARE project officers and supervise of the CARE Vietnam green teams.
2. Managing and coordinating coping with disasters and climate change in the northern mountainous areas.
– Lead the CDCC Component team of CARE and partner staff, design and lead the implementation of the component
– Ensure development of awareness, capacity and technical expertise among staff and partners on how to mainstream climate change response and DRR in the northern mountainous areas
– Ensure methods and tools for adaptation, DRR and multiple benefit projects are relevant and informed and the results of their use are monitored to support improvements
– Facilitate and support partners to mainstream climate change into their projects including VCA, design, implementation and monitoring of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation strategies
– Support documentation and use of guidelines and tools relevant for Vietnam and best adaptation practices of the ethnic people, experience and lesson sharing
3. Leading CARE’s contribution to national climate change coordination, response and policy formulation
– Lead and facilitate policy and advocacy planning and implementation related to the component in consultation with the full program team. Design and lead national level activities and networking.
– Actively contribute to CCWG/DMWG/JANI joint advocacy strategy and action plan implementation, MOU of CCWG and VNGO & CC Network with Department of Hydrometeorology and Climate Change/MONRE, particularly on issues related to ethnic minority.
– Support coordination of the NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG) including: chair the adaptation sub-group, ethnic minority sub-group and any others as elected under the CCWG, ensure communications among members.
– Support to lead CARE’s interaction with CC stakeholders at national level focusing on ethnic minority issues, through networking and joint policy work with CCWG, government ministries and donors.
– Work with the DRR & CC Manager, RD coordinator, DRR& CC Advisor and CCWG coordinator to identify priority issues and opportunities for NGOs in Vietnam to participate in national policy and program formulation and to advocate for pro-poor and environmentally sound responses to climate change.
– Support to build capacity for the civil society on climate change through the Capacity Building Project managed by SRD, support of ethnic minority Northnet.
4. Supporting climate change program development in CVN with identified collaborators in adaptation and mitigation
– Assist in the Identification of donors which support and promote CARE’s poverty-oriented vision for climate change adaptation and mitigation
– Work with program staff to identify and develop concepts, partnerships and proposals for adaptation and mitigation projects and programming complimentary to existing sectoral programming
5. Representation and Liaison
– Lead component coordination, relationships with all partners and with networks and collaborators at component level in line with agreed plans and responding to identified needs.
– Represent CARE and NGOs generally for CCWG at relevant CC forums, meetings, workshops and events when requested, taking into account that CARE as a lead NGO in this field.
– Support to maintain and strengthen positive working relationships, synergies and networks with internal and external climate change stakeholders including CARE climate change task force, key program and management staff, CASI Program, relevant CARE partners, Government of Vietnam representatives responsible for climate change policy, planning and strategy implementation, CCWG, International NGO Resource Centre and other NGO
– Identify and communicate within CVN new CC issues and opportunities as they arise and ensure up to date information is available
– Undertake media communication in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of CARE International in Vietnam.
6. Facilitating organizational change including minimising CARE in Vietnam’s carbon footprint
– Build capacity among staff, partners on how to mainstream climate change adaptation and DRR within existing and future CARE programming
– Work with CARE PQLT, facilitate programming staff to establish a mechanism for cross-sector learning and sharing on adaptation mainstreaming
– Develop and facilitate implementation of CARE’s organisational Carbon Management Plan
– Facilitate implementation of the plan including for example to strengthen and train Green Teams to enable broad action by staff, determine options for quantifying and minimising CARE in Vietnam’s carbon footprint and investigate options and funding sources for the purchase of carbon off-sets
7. Strategic planning and Country Office operations
– Support to undertake periodic monitoring and evaluation of CARE in Vietnam’s Climate Change Strategy implementation to ensure overall effectiveness and responsiveness to program staff needs and changes in the external environment
– Actively contribute when requested, to the development of the CARE in Vietnam Country Office and CARE International policies and procedure on all matters and to the development of program strategies.
– Keep abreast of and share climate change trends within Vietnam and internationally with a particular focus on CARE Australia, CARE Danmark, CARE International and private sector and donors active in Vietnam and ensure they are reflected in CARE in Vietnam’s CC programming approaches
– University Degree or Master in relevant subjects
– At least one year experience working in manger position for climate change project
– Strong management and leadership
– Good coordination, communication, facilitation and team work skills
– Good English report writing skills
– Knowledge and experience in climate change issues, challenges, responses and policies
– Confident to design CC adaptation and mainstreaming work, and support/coach others for implementation.
– Understanding of policy environment and programs relating to climate change and able to establish good linkages with government and donor agencies at national level
– Interested and have good capacity in networking
– Confident to design advocacy plan and facilitate advocacy activity.
– Ability for program design and development
CARE International in Vietnam is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Applicants are advised that CARE International in Vietnam reserves the right to screen candidates to ensure a child-safe environment. Further information can be found in the CARE Vietnam child protection policy.
Interested candidates should send a full CV in English and stating the position title to email: email@example.com. Closing date to apply for this position: 11 December 2011
The short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.