Hiệp hội Bảo tồn Động vật hoang dã (WCS) cần tuyển Trợ lý truyền thông làm việc trong thời gian 5 tháng tại Hà Nội. Hạn nộp hồ sơ; 05/08/2010.
Position: Communications Assistant
Affiliation: Wildlife Conservation Society – Vietnam Program
Duty station: Hanoi
Application deadline: 05 August 2010
Duration: 01 September 2010 to 31 January 2011
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US-based conservation organization registered as a non-profit, tax-exempt voluntary organization and has been dedicated to conserving the earth’s biodiversity since its establishment in 1895. Their efforts are concentrated in many of the world’s developing countries where biological diversity is greatest and pressure on nature is most intense.
WCS currently works in more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and North and Latin America and has special institutional capacity in the following thematic areas: strengthening institutional capacity, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, policy development, protected area establishment and management, landscape conservation, and socio-economic strategies for conservation.
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s program in Vietnam addresses the critical conservation issue of illegal hunting and trade in wildlife. We carry out research to provide reliable data on the scale, organization and dynamics of the wildlife trade in Vietnam, and work closely with the government to strengthen wildlife crime law enforcement in Vietnam, and through our partnerships with other National organizations aim to build political momentum within Vietnam to take wildlife crime
Scope of work:
The Communications Assistant (CA) will assist the development of internal and external communications for WCS Vietnam. The CA will produce high quality communication materials that support WCS Vietnam program goals and objectives and raise the profile and understanding at the country and international levels about WCS’s work in Viet Nam to relevant stakeholders.
– Production and dissemination of communications materials, development of creative communication campaigns to help meet WCS Vietnam Program objectives.
– Build and maintain relationships with local, national and international media agencies and independent journalists to ensure quality media coverage of key WCS stakeholder activities and program outcomes.
– Assistance to organising WCS Vietnam events including donor visits, study tours, regional meetings, and internal staff events
– Establish effective systems for management of communications material (e.g. photographs, publications)
– Support in developing and implementing internal staff training and team-building activities to ensure WCS Vietnam Program staff are all coherent and clear on WCS branding and style guides, code of conduct, key messages, approach and activities of WCS Vietnam and WCS Global Conservation Program during external meetings with media, donors or other partners.
– Support in establishing regular internal communication systems to ensure staff are updated on all relevant WCS and WCS partner activities and promote organisational culture.
– Translation of document English to Vietnamese, Vietnamese to English to distribute to partners
– Logistic and administrative support as required.
This position is for a Vietnamese national with a University degree (Postgraduate degree preferred) in a related field with very good English and Vietnamese language skills and at least 2 years of work experience in a similar position with an international organization, or NGO. In addition, candidates with the following competencies are preferred:
– Previous work experience in the environment/development sector
– Experience of working with or in the media or other communication field
– Knowledge of media networks, knowledge/information management
– Excellent communication skills
– Good written and spoken English
– Good computer skills
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and contact details for two references to:
Ms. Pham Thi Minh – Country Finance and HR Manager
Wildlife Conservation Society, 1302, Thanh cong Tower, 57 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh, HN
Deadline for Applications: 05 August 2010
Only short listed candidates will be contacted