Hội chữ thập đỏ Pháp (FRENCH RED CROSS – FRC) cần tuyển Cán bộ dự án làm việc ở Bắc Kạn. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 30/9/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
FRENCH RED CROSS (FRC)
Delegation of VIETNAM
15 Thien Quang, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone/Fax : 04 9 423 154
Terms of Reference
WATSAN PROJECT OFFICER
The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The activities cover four main areas: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building.
Since 1990, the French Red Cross has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross to implement humanitarian and development activities. Within the framework of this cooperation, the French Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross are implementing a Water and Sanitation project in Bac Kan Province addressing ethnic minorities? basic needs.
2. Job description
One year (from October 2008) with possibility of extension. The Project Officer will be assigned to the project on a full time basis.
The position is based in Bac Kan Town with frequent visits to the project sites (up to 60% of the working time).
2.3. Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Water and Sanitation Coordinator, the Watsan Project Officer is responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of the project and for supporting the Vietnam Red Cross in Water, Sanitation and Environmental Health activities.
His/Her specific duties and responsibilities include:
– The daily management of all planned activities at district and commune level
– The supervision and monitoring of
o all technical Water and Sanitation activities in the area (s)he is in charge of.
o IEC activities, ensuring a participative approach
o the work carried out by the local FRC project managers in the communes
– Working closely with the Vietnam Red Cross members and coordinating with non-governmental sector and local authorities.
– Organising and facilitating various workshops, trainings and seminars
– Supporting capacity building of the Vietnam Red Cross
– Writing monthly reports (narrative, data, financial)
2.4. Minimum qualifications
– Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Development, Public Health, Water and Sanitation or other related field.
– At least 3 years working in the development sector, including 1 year in an international environment in a similar position
– Experience in the field of Water and Sanitation or Health Education
– Experience in supervising/following-up of water system construction
– Experience in working with communities
– Experience in training and facilitating workshop
– Good knowledge of community development concepts and participatory techniques (knowledge of PHAST is an asset)
– Knowledge of M&E tools and techniques
– Technical knowledge of water system design is a strong asset.
– Knowledge of the Red Cross movement is an asset
– Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese
– Good command of written and spoken English or French
– Knowledge of northern ethnic minority language is an asset (Tay, Dao, Hmong)
– Good computer skills: MS Office, e-mail
Personal skills and abilities
– Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
– Good analytical and reporting skills
– Ability to supervise people / Leadership
– Sense of initiative and responsibility
– Ability to work in team as well as independently
– Ability to work in stressful situations, for long hours and in remote areas
3. Application Procedure
Interested Vietnamese candidates are requested to send:
– CV in English
– Application Letter in English
– Copies of education degree and relevant certificates
To: French Red Cross – Delegation in Vietnam, 15 Thien Quang, Hanoi
Or through e-mail to: email@example.com
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview.