Trung tâm Bảo tồn Sinh vật Biển và Phát triển Cộng đồng (MCD) cần tuyển Cán bộ truyền thông, làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 20/11/2010.
Position: Communications Officer (CO)
Reporting to: Head of Training and Communications
Location: MCD head office, Hanoi, Vietnam and MCD offices at local project sites (Nam Dinh, Thai Binh, Khanh Hoa and others communes) when needed
The Centre for Marinelife Conservation and Community Development (MCD) is a non-government organisation devoted to coastal community livelihoods, marine conservation and sustainable coastal development in Vietnam.
MCD recognises the living interdependency of coastal communities and marine ecosystems. The coastal and marine environment provides jobs, food and ecological services, and must be protected to ensure the livelihoods of local people are sustained.
Degradation of marine ecosystems will reduce the opportunities for development of coastal communities in the present and future, so that the objectives of the MCD is to support coastal communities to ensure harmony between environmental protection economic and social development.
CO has responsibility for communications activities of MCD’s project and affiliating organizations include Ecolife, Vietnet and cooperating with other partners in implementing projects to achieve objectives and commitments with donors in additional to communicate the vision, strategy and operations of the organizations to the stakeholders.
Communications Officer assumes the tasks in several main themes:
· Develop and implement communication strategies that enhance the organisation’s brand and protect the organisation’s brand and reputation.
· Coordinate the production of publications and resources that raises awareness and meet the information needs of target groups, stakeholders and the public.
· Coordination and management of online information and resources: management of MCD website, responsible for the evaluation and development of information and documents uploaded to the site, liaison with the web developer and services provider related to maintaining external websites.
· Utilize social networking forums to promote MCD, its activities, mission and goals.
· Liaison with media to provide information for news stories and monitor media coverage.
· Coordinate MCD networking activities which maintain and develop relationships with target groups, stakeholders and national and international organisations.
· Develop and coordinate the implementation of environmental-and-development-issue communication plans.
· Organize and facilitate environmental awareness and educational events such as presentations, dialogues, roadshows and volunteer days.
· Establish, train, supervise and support community communication groups at project sites.
· Liaison and network with contacts in different community groups, local environmental education authorities, and other relevant environmental organizations.
· Manage the admin system of Training and Communications Department
· Assist in activities planning for the communications organizations and components, training and communications department
· Translate and act as an interpreter if necessary
· Design simple publications according to job requirements
· Take other assignments that might be required from Head of Training and Communications or Board of Director
Required qualifications, skills and experience
· Graduated from University in one of the following fields: communications, PR, journalism, business administration, or social sciences (community development). Priority for master degree or higher degree
· At least 2 years experience in communications or PR, fund-raising promotion
· Knowledge of communications activities and communications skills, especially in communications for social development organizations.
· Experience in project management
· Interested in community development, environment and conservation
· Ability to use English and Vietnamese language fluently (ability to act as interpreter and translator)
· Elementary skills at graphic design such as Photoshop/Illustrator or Corel Draw, skills at website administration and office softwares
· Knowledge of production process of print and electronic publications
· Ability to work under pressure
· Good communications skills and effective presentation
· Ability to write reports and communications documents
· Having creativity
· Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
· Ability to travel frequently to the field
Employment duration and workplace
· 13 months start from 01/12/2010 to 31/12/2011, with opportunity for extension, subject to individual capacity
· The successful candidate will be based in Hanoi with possible travel to project sites (usually)
· The successful candidate will have the competitive salary from Vietnamese non-government organisation block and will have the opportunities on training and career development with other rights in compliance with the provisions of current law
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV, together with a cover letter, in English and Vietnamese, copies of academic records and references to MCD by email, express mail or hand-delivered.
Application deadline: before 17;00PM, November 20, 2010
Contact: Ms. Hoang Anh, Acting head of Administration Department
Centre for Marinelife Conservation and Community Development (MCD)
Suite 3104, Level 31, Building 34T
Hoang Dao Thuy Street, Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh Area, Cau Giay District Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 4 222 12923
Fax: +84 4 222 12924