CARE cần tuyển Điều phối dự án biến đổi khí hậu và tình nguyện Trợ lý dự án. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 30/04/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN VIETNAM
CLIMATE CHANGE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organization, working with Vietnamese partners in the health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness sectors.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for an experienced and qualified Vietnamese individual to lead implementation of its Climate Change Strategy. The position is based in Hanoi with limited travel to provinces and districts where CARE in Vietnam works throughout the country.
The impact of climate change on poor people’s lives in Vietnam is a growing concern in CARE in Vietnam. In response, CARE will increasingly mainstream climate change within its development and disaster reduction programs and a number of specific adaptation and mitigation projects are being planned. CARE is networking with all concerned actors in relation to capacity and policy processes which support pro-poor approaches. A dedicated climate change strategy is now being finalized which builds on CARE’s international knowledge base and learning programs and will include programming and action in the four areas of adaptation, mitigation, advocacy and internal organisational change.
CARE in Vietnam is seeking to fill the following positions:
Climate Change Coordinator
* Major responsibilities: A dynamic and self-motivated senior team member who will communicate and coordinate climate change issues with a wide range of national and international stakeholders. The Climate Change Coordinator will be responsible for:
* Developing awareness, capacity and technical expertise to mainstream climate change responses,
* Leading CARE’s contribution to national coordination and policy formulation, creating synergies with other stakeholders and coordinating CARE’s contribution to the NGO climate change working group
* Developing responsive and innovative climate change project ideas with identified collaborators in adaptation and mitigation
* Leading CARE’s efforts to proactively minimise its carbon footprint.
* Selection criteria:
1. A relevant university degree or Masters in natural resource or environmental management, international or social development, economics or other related subject
2. A minimum of five years experience in sustainable community development, project and organizational change management preferably in an international organization
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
* Ability to represent the organization and liaise at all levels including with national policy makers and internationally
* Ability to think strategically and conceptualize new ideas, including the ability to digest and analyze complex information and present coherent proposals
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills, including an ability to build capacity and conduct training at all levels including with Vietnamese NGO staff
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills (fluent in both Vietnamese in English)
* Ability to manage information and knowledge
* Knowledge of the development, NGO, policy and climate change environment in Vietnam
Volunteer Project Assistant
* Major responsibilities: Supporting team members responsible for providing logistical and administrative assistance as required by the Climate Change Coordinator. Specific duties include:
* Making arrangements for workshops, meetings and field visits
* Conducting secondary research and maintaining a electronic library of up-to-date climate change information relevant to CARE in Vietnam
* Providing interpretation and translation support to international consultants
* Preparing contracts and financial acquittals in accordance with CARE in Vietnam policies and guidelines
* Working in close collaboration with CARE program, finance and human resource staff, officers from local partners, and representatives of other NGOs
* Selection criteria: University degree equivalent or at least two years demonstrated work experience in a relevant area. The successful candidate must also demonstrate:
* Written and oral communication skills (fluent in both Vietnamese and English)
* Liaison, representational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
* Willingness to travel to project areas
A salary package for the Climate Change Coordinator position will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Project Assistant positions are volunteer positions. A daily allowance and travel per diem will be paid to volunteers according to CARE in Vietnam financial guidelines.
Interested candidates should send an application letter stating which position is being applied for together with full Curriculum Vitae in English before 30 April 2008 to:
CARE in Vietnam
Hanoi Representative Office
66 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
OR by email: email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please do not make telephone contact after submitting the application.