Tổ chức Room to Read cần tuyển 1 cán bộ chương trình Xây dựng Phòng đọc sách, làm việc chủ yếu tại TP Hồ Chí Minh. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến 10 tháng 9 năm 2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Position: Reading Room Program Associate
Location: Ho Chi Minh city with frequent travel to project sites
Deadline: September 10
Room to Read is an International non-governmental organization currently working in 9 countries of Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Zambia. Their global headquarters is located in San Francisco, USA.
Room to Read partners with local communities throughout the developing world to provide quality educational opportunities by establishing libraries, creating local language children’s literature, constructing schools, and providing education to girls. They seek to intervene early in the lives of children in the belief that education empowers people to improve socioeconomic conditions for their families, communities, countries, and future generations. Through the opportunities that only education can provide, they strive to break the cycle of poverty, one child at a time.
Since their inception, Room to Read’s worldwide team has impacted over 4.1 million children by constructing 1,129 schools, establishing 10,000 libraries, publishing 550 new children’s book titles in 22 local languages, and putting over 10,000 girls onto long-term, holistic scholarships. Their long-term goal is to help 10 million children to gain the lifelong gift of education.
In Vietnam, Room to Read has been implementing five programs including the Reading Room, the Girls’ Education, the Local Language Publishing, Computer Program and Literacy Program in eight provinces and city of Vietnam.
The Reading Room Program Associate will assist and report to the Reading Room Program Officer/ Program Manager. S/he will provide logistical and organizational assistance to the RRPO in implementing the library program. Primary responsibilities will include procuring, organizing and preparing books for distribution to Room to Read libraries. Additional duties towards fulfilling objectives of the library program will be determined as needed.
This position might involve frequent travel to districts in which Reading Room Program is implementing on need basis.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Program Associate will assist the Program Manager /Program Officer in ensuring smooth and timely implementation of the program in following ways-
a. Monitoring and overseeing the program as when required.
b. Extending support to local and outside volunteers in order to get their inputs in to the program.
c. Hosting donor site visits as when required.
d. Organizing events in relation to RR program as needed
e. State office tasks / operations as the need.
2. Documentation/data collection and reporting as required
3. Maintain and update database on activities and report on relevant and decided indicators.
4. Maintaining & Updating records related to the program.
5. Regular follow ups on program activities/progress as instructed by the concerned authority.
6. Fulfill any other responsibilities entrusted by organization from time to time
7. Participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
– Bachelor’s degree in education or social sciences.
– Minimum one year of professional experience in relevant area of work
– Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks.
– Ability to travel frequently and spend time in the field.
– Willingness in working in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work.
– Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
– Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
– Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
– Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
– Proven track record of achieving results
– Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Health benefits are also provided. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through literacy and gender equality in education.
Please send a Cover Letter that addresses how you meet our expectations for the position and Curriculum Vitae by email to Ms. Mai Ngoc Diep, Human Resource Department at email@example.com.
While all applications will be carefully reviewed, please note that due high applicant volume we are unable to send personalized responses to all applicants.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
Work well independently as well as part of a team
Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing
the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.