PSU cần tuyển một chuyên viên tư vấn về môi trường cấp quốc gia. Hạn nhận hồ sơ đến ngày 22-11-2011. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
The Vietnam-Canada Program Support Unit (PSU) is a Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) bilateral project. Its purpose is to provide support to CIDA’s development assistance program in Vietnam in order to maximize the development results and impact of the program. The PSU requires the services of a National Environment Specialist to support CIDA’s program in Vietnam in fulfilling its environment-related objectives and results.
In Vietnam, CIDA supports the overall program objective of stimulating sustainable and economic growth while contributing to food security. This will be achieved by working to improve the enabling environment for investment, enhancing technical and vocational training, and supporting rural small and medium-size enterprise (SME) development along with agricultural productivity. Part of this is delivered at the provincial level. A Strategic Environmental Assessment was done in order to identify specific entry points and opportunities for CIDA to integrate environmental elements in all its projects.
Education and Experience:
– Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline;
– At least 5 years extensive experience working (researching, analysing, problem solving, and reporting) on environmental issues in Vietnam;
– Experience working with environmental impact assessment and/or strategic environmental assessment would be an asset;
– Experience in working with international development assistance organizations would be an asset;
– Experience working at sub-national levels would be an asset.
– Practical knowledge of environment and development issues in Vietnam, in particular as they relate to governance (environmental expenditure, decentralization), private sector development, agricultural development, industrial pollution management; and climate change;
– Knowledge of central and local government administrative structures, functions, processes and relationships, in particular as they relate to environmental issues and environmental assessment;
– Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment practices;
– Knowledge of the international environmental policy contexts and how they relate to the Vietnamese context;
– Knowledge of the CEAA process would be an asset;
– Knowledge of results-based-management and capacity building practices would be an asset.
– Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
– Leadership and initiative;
– Ability to work well in a team as well as independently/proactively;
– Fluency in both English and Vietnamese;
– Strong communication and writing skills in both English and Vietnamese;
– Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a wide range of individuals, from government officials at all levels, to local benefactors of Canadian development assistance;
– Ability to meet deadlines, and
– Computer proficiency (word, excel).
Interested individuals should submit or email their CVs in English by November 22, 2011 to:
Vietnam-Canada Program Support Unit (VC-PSU)
12th Floor, Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
Or Email: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be returned.