Trung tâm dữ liệu các tổ chức phi chính phủ (VUFO-NGO) tuyển điều phối viên nhóm làm việc với các cộng đồng dân tộc thiểu số.
Địa điểm làm việc: Hà Nội.
Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 17giờ chiều ngày 24/8/2011.
Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
Position: Ethnic Minorities Working Group Coordinator
Organization: VUFO-NGO Resource Centre
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: 6 months (with likely extension)
In recent years despite great efforts and determination of the Government of Vietnam as well as commitment of international development organisations, including international non-governmental
organizations (INGOs), the degree of poverty among ethnic minorities in Vietnam remains high.
Ethnic minorities do not fully benefit from socio-economic development in Vietnam. Further efforts and improvements are required at all levels and in all areas, in order to address this issue.
The Ethnic Minorities Working Group in Vietnam (EMWG) brings together INGOs, Vietnamese NGOs, development agencies and other professionals who share the same concerns about ethnic minorities.
They meet regularly to exchange ideas and to discuss ‘lessons learned’ on how to improve their practices for the benefit of ethnic minorities.
EMWG functions under the auspices of the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre and in accordance with the Government of Vietnam’s policies on ethnic minorities.
EMWG is managed by a ‘core group’ of representatives from INGOs and Vietnamese NGOs.
Regular tasks and day-to-day activities, assigned by the EMWG Core Group, are maintained by the EMWG Coordinator. The current chair of EMWG is Oxfam Hong Kong.
The EMWG Coordinator is expected to promote dissemination of information and encourage sharing of experiences related to ethnic minorities, through the following responsibilities:
– Manage day-to-day activities and provide inputs, as required by the EMWG Core Group and under supervision of the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre’s Managing Co-director and the Chair of the EMWG;
– Maintain information sharing, including the latest news in media, laws, policies, researches, project documentation, programme reports and other resources related to ethnic minorities;
– Regularly and frequently update EMWG website;
– Improve development practices of relevant NGOs through coordination and through organizing a wide range of thematic research workshops, forums and discussions regarding development issues and related to ethnic minorities in Vietnam;
– Pro-actively build partnerships and promote networking with all relevant organizations and the Government of Vietnam at all levels. Assess their needs to further develop information sharing on ethnic minorities’ development programmes, which may lead to improved development practices amongst members, partner organisations and may benefit lives of ethnic minorities.
– Identify various channels to facilitate voice of ethnic minorities and to improve participation of ethnic minorities in activities related to their socio-economic and cultural development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Sound knowledge of major development issues related to ethnic minorities in Vietnam;
– Highly desirable experience in policy-relevant advocacy;
– Ability to build strong relationship with clients and external partners;
– Experience in working with ethnic minorities;
– Proficiency in English and Vietnamese, including excellent writing skills;
– Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
– Highly organized and self-motivated;
– Sensitivity and commitment to improving lives of ethnic minorities;
– High level of computer literacy;
– Essential administrative and secretarial skills;
– University degree in social sciences, preferably with specialization in ethnic minorities;
– Sensitivity and commitment to values and principles of cultural diversity.
Initial 6-month employment contract with likely extension, pending on performance and funding;
Competitive salary with medical coverage and social insurance; Working hours from 8:30 to 17:00 Monday through Friday; Contract termination clause by either party with a 2-month’s written
Annual leave of 20 working days per year (10 days within the initial contract period); Public holidays as stipulated in the Labour Code or declared by the Government of Vietnam, with addition of the Christmas Day; Entitlement to sick-leave and personal leave in conformity with Article 78 of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam’s Labour Code.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their CV and application letter, including contacts of 3 referees, and copy of relevant academic degree to Ms. Duong Thi Tam at <email@example.com> or
send hard copy of CV and the letter in a sealed envelope marked ‘Application for Ethnic Minorities Working Group Coordinator’ to: VUFO-NGO Resource Centre, F1 Building, La Thanh Hotel, 218
Doi Can, Hanoi.
All documents must be in English language.
Deadline for submission is 24 August 2011 at 17:00 hrs.