Abt Vietnam cần tuyển thực tập sinh làm việc trong 2 tháng tại Hà Nội. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 10/12/2007. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
One intern position needed for the CAP AI project
Abt has been awarded a three-year project named “Capacity Building to Prevent and Control Avian Influenza in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region (CAP AI)” in July 2006, working in Viet Nam and Laos. The award was made by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project develops community level approaches to implement and build capacity for communication, and animal and human health surveillance and response activities for Avian Influenza (AI).
Currently, the project moves into its second year.
Abt Associates is a research and consulting firm which applies scientific research and technical assistance expertise to a wide range of social, economic, and technological policy issues; international development; clinical trials and registries; and complex business problems. Founded in 1965, Abt Associates provides services to U.S. federal, state, and local governments; foreign governments; international organizations; foundations; and business and industry.
Job de scri ptions:
Abt Vietnam is now looking for Vietnamese national to work as an Intern for CAP AI project. The successful candidate will assist and report to the Public Health Specialist to do the following tasks but not limit to:
– Assist in revising and developing training curricula, guidelines for community level health workers and animal health/vet workers in both Laos and Vietnam (in collaboration with CARE Vietnam and Laos)
– Assist in updating and inputting every two month newsletters for Hung Yen and other communication activities
– Prepare and search documents regarding to surveillance and ILI case management documents and other required documents.
– Assist in developing curriculum for training commune and district health workers in volunteer network support and epidemic response activities
– Follow up activities in Animal Health
– Liaison with the staff of partner organizations, local authorities and other agencies
– Assist other administration and office work as assigned
– Participate in other activities as required
– Background in public health or animal health with strong skills of epidemiology, infectious diseases and health communication (bachelor degree or senior public health/animal health students).
– Good knowledge on Avian Influenza is preferable but not required
– Good English language skills.
– Proficiency in the use of computer software including Word and Excel, Statistical software such as SPSS and Epidata
– Ability of working both independently and in groups
– Good personal skills and discipline
Duration: 60 days but possibly extended
Place of work: Hanoi
Deadline for applicants: 10th December, 2007
Interested applicants should send the application letter, CV in English and relevant certificate by email/ or post to:
2nd Floor, 72 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Tel: (+84.4) 7193139, ext 118
Fax: (+84.4) 7182531
Attn: Intern application