Hiệp hội Bảo tồn Động vật hoang dã (WCS) cần tuyển cán bộ hành chính làm việc tại Hà Nội. Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 20/08/2010.
Position: Affiliation: Wildlife Conservation Society – Vietnam Program
Duty station: Hanoi
Application deadline: 20th August, 2010
Start date: Sept 2010
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US‐based conservation organization registered as a non‐profit, tax‐exempt voluntary organization and has been dedicated to conserving the earth’s biodiversity since its establishment in 1895. Their efforts are concentrated in many of the world’s developing countries where biological diversity is greatest and pressure on nature is most intense. WCS currently works in more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and North and Latin America and has special institutional capacity in the following thematic areas: strengthening institutional capacity, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, policy development, protected area establishment and management, landscape conservation, and socio‐economic strategies for conservation.
The Wildlife Conservation Society works to address the critical conservation issue of illegal hunting and trade in wildlife. We conduct research on the dynamics of the illegal wildlife trade including generating data on the health and emerging disease aspects. We work closely with the government to strengthen wildlife crime law enforcement in Vietnam, and through our partnerships with other National organizations aim to build political momentum within Vietnam to take wildlife crime seriously.
Scope of work:
The Administrative Officer will work as part of the WCS Admin team to provide assistance to WCS VietNam programs and projects with finances, human resources and administration.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for executing assigned works in the following fields to ensure the program and projects function smoothly and at maximum effectveness:
– Provide support in financial management and accounting for the WCS Country Program (tracking and projecting spending by projects and funding agencies, accounting, internal project audits, donor report etc.).
– Provide support in national staff administration – establishing staff contracts, staff compensation, staff insurance, tax, vacation and work schedules in adherence with country program guidelines and following the national labour laws.
– Provide support in dealing with tax, visa, work permit, etc for international staffs.
– Provide support to ensure that all projects/activities in the country program are respecting national legislation regarding customs regulations, labour rights, taxes, benefits, etc.
– Work with project managers/directors to generate financial reports and donor reports as required.
– Support in management of office equipment and stationary (including researching suppliers, compiling quotes, procurement, dissemination, inventory)
– Logistical and administrative arrangements for WCS office works and activities in the field.
– Support to general office management (e.g. management of office filing system, office work schedule, office meeting arrangements etc)
This position requires a University degree in accounting/finance with excellent English language skills and at least 2 years of work experience in a similar position with an international organization, or INGO. In addition, candidates with the following competencies are preferred:
• Postgraduate degree in related field
• Previous work experience in the environment/development sector
• Proven track record at maintaining accounting and finances
• Familiarity with U.S. government funding rules and regulations
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision within a team
• Shows a high degree of initiative, responsibility, flexibility, personal/professional ethics
• Excellent time management, and problem‐solving ability
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively in English and Vietnamese Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, contact details for 2 references to:
Miss Pham Thi Minh– Country Finance Manager
Wildlife Conservation Society‐ Vietnam Program
1302, Thanh Cong tower, 57 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel/Fax: +84 (0) 4 3514 9750/16‐ Ext 10
Deadline for Applications: August 20, 2010
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted