Thứ Tư, ngày 22/04/2009
Tổ chức phát triển Hà Lan (SNV), một tổ chức phi chính phủ hoạt động tại Việt Nam từ 1995 hiện đang cần tuyển tư vấn cho chương trình quốc gia về nước sạch và vệ sinh nông thôn. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 28/04/2009. Thông tin chi tiết xin xem dưới đây.
SNV – Netherlands Development Organisation is a Non-Governmental Organisation working in Vietnam since 1995. Within its general objective to contribute to poverty alleviation through capacity enhancement of local organisations, SNV is in the process to focus its activities more on the improvement of basic service delivery within the framework of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG). One of the specific MDGs SNV has chosen is MDG 7: sustainable provision of water and sanitation.
In Vietnam, within the context of National Rural Water Supply and Sanitation (RWSS) Strategy – 2020 and National Targeted Programme on RWSS, 2006-2010 which is coordinated by the Ministry of Agricultural & Rural Development (MARD), SNV supports the provincial and district stakeholders in Lai Chau and Lao Cai provinces initially (and later to other provinces) in the areas of operation and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities, low cost appropriate technologies, and sanitation. SNV is looking for dynamic and creative Vietnamese candidates to fill in two posts of:
Advisor Rural Water Supply and Sanitation
Duty station: Lao Cai/Hanoi with frequent travel to other Northern and other provinces
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist clients in the planning and development of appropriate information, education, and communication (IEC) strategy to support and/or advocate for an effective behaviour change initiative on hygiene and sanitation.
- Carry out a capacity need assessment of clients, service providers and communities especially to identify capacity gaps and respond with catered capacity building services to establish organizational responsibilities.
- Provide advisory services to clients (provincial authorities, private sector and local NGOs/Mass Organizations) in the design and introduction of more participatory and transparent decision making processes with the aim of making RWSS more effective, efficient and sustainable.
- Support clients in the promotion of community led approaches in sanitation and hygiene, as well as demand driven, fee-based and community co-financing mechanisms for sustainable operation and maintenance (O&M) of water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Contribute to the design and piloting of innovative public-private partnership models in RWSS.
- Support Local Capacity Builders (local organisations that build capacity of other local RWSS organisations) with the aim of improving the quality of the services of the RWSS organisations
- Assist local government and organisations including non-state actors to establish and promote the RWSS networks for regular information and experience sharing and improvement of sector policies, particularly for pro-poor, effective, and sustainable RWSS.
- Contribute to resource mobilization for SNV advisory services and implementation of clients’ activities
- Vietnamese citizen
- University degree in Engineering, Public Health, Environmental science, Development studies, Social Sciences or a related field to Water, Sanitation & Hygiene,
- At least 5 years progressively responsible professional experience in social development, project management, capacity building and training, monitoring and evaluation, multi-stakeholder planning and knowledge management, of which, at least 2 year experiences working in water supply, sanitation and hygiene sector is required. .
- Good understanding of RWSS sector issues and approaches to address these.
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or private sector (required)
- Experience and expertise in development approaches (e.g. participatory approaches, value chain development, inclusive business, etc) and in organisational development (desired)
- Good communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
Duration of assignment
SNV offers one-year contract with possible extension and a competitive salary package. SNV also offers good opportunities for future career development possibilities.
Interested persons should submit their letter of motivation, recent curriculum vitae in English to:
SNV Netherlands Development Organization; 6th Floor, Building B, La Thanh Hotel, 218 Doi Can, Hanoi, Vietnam or by E-mail to: email@example.com
SNV is an equal opportunities employer. Men and women are both encouraged to apply.
Closing date of application: 28th April 2009