Thứ Ba, ngày 07/10/2008
WWF cần tuyển Cố vấn kỹ thuật làm việc tại Quảng Nam hoặc Quảng Trị. Hạn chót nộp hồ sơ: 31/10/2008. Thông tin chi tiết như sau:
International Technical Advisor
Biodiversity Conservation Corridors Initiative Project (BCI) – Quang Tri and Quang Nam Province, Central Vietnam.
WWF, one of the world’s largest independent conservation organizations, has a global network active in 96 countries. From its Greater Mekong Country Programme Office in Hanoi, WWF manages a wide array of conservation projects in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam and Thailand in forest, freshwater and marine/coastal priority area as well as on species conservation. In close collaboration with the ADB and MONRE, WWF Greater Mekong is running a 5 year-project the Central Annamites Biodiversity Conservation Corridors Initiative which aims to maintain the ecological integrity of the Central Annamites landscape through improved management of core areas for biodiversity conservation and the sustainable development of the landscape through the creation of community co-management mechanisms.
BCI Technical Advisor (International Position), based in Tam Ky, Quang Nam or Dong Ha, Quang Tri province.
Major Duties & responsibilities:
– Provide supervision and technical support to selected Project Officers in project development, implementation, and monitoring
– Liaise and network with government and non-government agencies working in central Vietnam. This includes obtaining information on other relevant programmes and projects, providing information about WWF efforts, increasing cooperation and collaboration and negotiating and resolving conflicts.
– Effectively supervise the management of all project resources.
– Oversee the implementation of the BCI project in Quang Tri and Quang Nam provinces.
– Coordinate with counterpart agencies and other agencies of central, provincial and district governments.
– Formulate monthly and six-monthly work plans for project activities in consultation with counterparts
– Manage activity implementation for identified technical fields across the landscape.
– Provide planning and policy input at provincial and national levels.
– Supervise and support consultants and follow up on their recommendations where appropriate.
– Coordinate with staff of relevant projects working in the landscape.
– Supervise financial management and reporting.
– Masters degree level or equivalent in forestry, conservation, natural resource management or sustainable livelihoods.
– At least 5 years practical experience in managing projects and provision of technical advice in conservation, forestry or natural resource management.
– Experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels; experience in Vietnam is an asset.
– Significant supervisory experience, with excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization.
– Monitoring and evaluation experience.
Duration of assignment for above positions: An initial contract for 18 months with possible extension.
Expected starting date: ASAP
All interested teams or individual candidates are invited to email an application letter, and a CV to Ms. Bui Thu Hien, HR official: Hien.Buithu@wwfgeratermekong.org.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st October , 2008.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.